Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Lift Install Cost

Old 06-22-2011, 09:05 AM   #1
vataco19 is on a distinguished road
vataco19's Tacoma Gallery
Lift Install Cost

How much should i expect to pay for a toytec coil lift with aal for install? Including alignment and tire install
Old 06-22-2011, 09:28 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Your best bet would be to call a local shop and get some quotes. Install prices would very by region. If they're a proficient shop, I would guess 3 hours for the lift + alignment + tire install.

Average about $100/hr for a shop rate depending on where you go, expect $300 if they have to assemble the coils. Should be a bit cheaper if you buy the coils/struts pre-assembled. If you get the struts pre-assembled, the install isn't that bad and you could save some money by installing yourself.

Alignment can range from $50 - $100 depending on the shop.

Shops here mount tires for between $10 and $15 per tire (excluding old tire disposal fees). You might get a better deal if you bough the tires from the shop doing the work.

EDIT: Take this with a grain of salt, this is a rough idea only. I did mine myself so I'm guestimating based on what I would guess a shop could do.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:31 AM   #3
JLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLink is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
JLink's Tacoma Gallery
Yea just do it your self. there are how to threads on here that explain everything. I don't trust anyone else to work on my truck.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:25 PM   #5
dpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant future
dpak's Tacoma Gallery
I know this isn't exactly what you are having done but I paid $400 for the shop to intsall lift springs, front shocks, and rear shocks. The labor rate was $79 and it took 5 hours. Did I pay too much? Probably. Could I have done it myslef? Maybe. But I felt that the time spent away from family and friends outweighed the money spent on having the shop do it. Sometimes the intagibles win.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:29 PM   #6
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpak View Post
I know this isn't exactly what you are having done but I paid $400 for the shop to intsall lift springs, front shocks, and rear shocks. The labor rate was $79 and it took 5 hours. Did I pay too much? Probably. Could I have done it myslef? Maybe. But I felt that the time spent away from family and friends outweighed the money spent on having the shop do it. Sometimes the intagibles win.
You can't spend 5 hours away from your family friends

You payed too much when I installed my lift is only took 3 1/2 hours and we had major problems with the U bolts.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:33 PM   #7
Plastidipped ma Hootus!
kmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shedkmok is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kyle
kmok's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Install the lift with your family/friends
Old 06-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #8
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
It's super easy, it took me and my friend around 4 hours to put mine on that's including going to a shop to get acess to a strut compressor.. I wouldn't bring my truck to a shop to get it lifted... You don't know if they did it right... A couple hours with a friend working on your truck out weighs spending 400+ on a install.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #9
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
It's super easy, it took me and my friend around 4 hours to put mine on that's including going to a shop to get acess to a strut compressor.. I wouldn't bring my truck to a shop to get it lifted... You don't know if they did it right... A couple ours with a friend working on your truck out weighs spending 400+ on a install.

Hell yeah that money could be put towards better parts.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:38 PM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmok View Post
Install the lift with your family/friends
Cheap labor!

An dpak, I see your in Richmond, when I was there I took my truck to Ray Tuck's. Not sure if he's still there, but if the shop is still opened and Ray is still running it, they're good guys and always treated me fairly. His garage serviced the whole fleet of vehicles for the company I worked for as well as my personal truck. He does good work and his pricing always seemed fair.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:41 PM   #11
Boiling denim and bangin whores
Tacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacomanator is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Clam Slammer
Tacomanator's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
But I felt that the time spent away from family and friends outweighed the money spent on having the shop do it. Sometimes the intagibles win.
lol do you have a job?
Old 06-22-2011, 12:44 PM   #12
rwalker is on a distinguished road

Name: Rian
rwalker's Tacoma Gallery
I had 4 wheel parts do my toytec ultimate for $275. No problems with it, its been on for about 2 years.
Old 06-22-2011, 12:47 PM   #13
dpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant futuredpak has a brilliant future
dpak's Tacoma Gallery
Pugga - I wished you would have told me about Ray earlier. I took it truck outfitters. Like I said, it was a bit pricey.

To everyone else, the work week is too long and the weekends are too short for me and its summertime. I would rather take my niece to the park or go fishing with her and my friends. It's just how I see things.
Old 06-22-2011, 01:43 PM   #14
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
x2 on do it yourself, unless you're scared!!!...
Old 06-22-2011, 04:46 PM   #15
i actually am in richmond too. who did you take it to?
Old 06-22-2011, 04:53 PM   #18
im actually in richmond. how much did ray tuck charge you?
Old 06-22-2011, 09:09 PM   #19
dpak's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vataco19 View Post
im actually in richmond. how much did ray tuck charge you?
Is that question directed towards me? If so, I did not take it to Ray's. Pugga recommended him but does not know if he still has a shop. I went to Brian Allen's Truck Outfitters.