1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

why level my truck

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by 08taco, Jun 22, 2011.

1. Jun 22, 2011 at 9:31 PM
    08taco

08taco [OP] Member

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    08 wht tacoma 4x4
    New to lifts but what's the big deal with needing to get a level lift. For example a leveling kit lifts the front about an inch higher than the back right. So why not just get a 1inch spacer for the front. Wouldn't that level the truck too. And my main question is would it be possible to get the fat bob 3" front spacers to raise the front up aonly bit. higher than the stock rear height?...... I see trucks with the front higher than the rear all the time so why not right?

Im not looking for an offload super lift and I like stiffer suspension anyways.... feelwhy of the road..... so I will not mind the stiffer ride bc I know that's the response ill get thanks

2. Jun 22, 2011 at 9:34 PM
    DeeKay21

DeeKay21 Lieutenant Dan.

Member:
    Nevada/Utah
    Vehicle:
    06' TRD Sport 4x4
    Look into some Bilstein 5100's for the front. You can adjust from .85"s up to 2.5"s of lift. Try and stay away from spacers.

3. Jun 22, 2011 at 9:35 PM
    nvdeserted

nvdeserted Well-Known Member

Member:
    Reno, NV
    Vehicle:
    2009 Tacoma TRD OR Access Cab
    Electric Dynolock tailgate, TrailGear Slides, , 285/75-16 Yoko Geolanders on Wheelers Type B, SAW 2.0 front and back, Camburg b/j UCA, 1.5" AAL, Ubolt flip, ARB bump.
    Just preference.

4. Jun 22, 2011 at 9:58 PM
    08taco

08taco [OP] Member

Member:
    san diego
    Vehicle:
    08 wht tacoma 4x4
    I had a 98 jeep wrangler and I put 2" spacers on it and I noticed no adverse effects. Granted different chassis and all around coil overs helped but otherwise I got a little ground clearance and a better looking jeep... I guess like "nvdeserted" said its all preference .... ill do more research but I think ill go with spacers mainly bc I think anything else is too much for what my wants are and if worse case scenario I remove them and I only spent $100 thanks for all the help

5. Jun 22, 2011 at 10:06 PM
    JLee

JLee The Man! Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Jerry
    Benicia, CA
    Vehicle:
    02 Extra cab SAS Linked front and rear
    I lost track thousands of dollars ago.
    Mainly because spacers ride like crap and you don't get as much articulation with spacers and a lot of the guys take there trucks off road and articulation is something you want wile off road. if your just going for looks and don't care about the ride go for it but your not going to have many guys recommend them.

Oh and spacer lifts break stock shocks if driven hard off road.

Products Discussed in

To Top