Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

why level my truck

Old 06-22-2011, 09:31 PM   #1
08taco is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: classified
08taco's Tacoma Gallery
Question why level my truck

New to lifts but what's the big deal with needing to get a level lift. For example a leveling kit lifts the front about an inch higher than the back right. So why not just get a 1inch spacer for the front. Wouldn't that level the truck too. And my main question is would it be possible to get the fat bob 3" front spacers to raise the front up aonly bit. higher than the stock rear height?...... I see trucks with the front higher than the rear all the time so why not right?

Im not looking for an offload super lift and I like stiffer suspension anyways.... feelwhy of the road..... so I will not mind the stiffer ride bc I know that's the response ill get thanks
Old 06-22-2011, 09:34 PM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Look into some Bilstein 5100's for the front. You can adjust from .85"s up to 2.5"s of lift. Try and stay away from spacers.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 08taco View Post
New to lifts but what's the big deal with needing to get a level lift. For example a leveling kit lifts the front about an inch higher than the back right. So why not just get a 1inch spacer for the front. Wouldn't that level the truck too. And my main question is would it be possible to get the fat bob 3" front spacers to raise the front up aonly bit. higher than the stock rear height?...... I see trucks with the front higher than the rear all the time so why not right?

Im not looking for an offload super lift and I like stiffer suspension anyways.... feelwhy of the road..... so I will not mind the stiffer ride bc I know that's the response ill get thanks
Just preference.
Old 06-22-2011, 09:58 PM   #4
08taco is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: classified
08taco's Tacoma Gallery
I had a 98 jeep wrangler and I put 2" spacers on it and I noticed no adverse effects. Granted different chassis and all around coil overs helped but otherwise I got a little ground clearance and a better looking jeep... I guess like "nvdeserted" said its all preference .... ill do more research but I think ill go with spacers mainly bc I think anything else is too much for what my wants are and if worse case scenario I remove them and I only spent $100 thanks for all the help
Old 06-22-2011, 10:06 PM   #5
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Mainly because spacers ride like crap and you don't get as much articulation with spacers and a lot of the guys take there trucks off road and articulation is something you want wile off road. if your just going for looks and don't care about the ride go for it but your not going to have many guys recommend them.

Oh and spacer lifts break stock shocks if driven hard off road.