Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Suspension Questions

Old 06-23-2011, 11:08 AM   #1
DevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Police officer in MD and Marine in B Co 4th LAR Bn
DevilDogTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Suspension Questions

Hey guys, I'm pretty new at doing mods on my truck. I've done mostly cosmetic sort-of stuff myself, but I want to put a lift on it just to help with the ground clearance, correct the rake, and make my truck look a little more aggressive. I do just a little bit of off-roading, so I don't need anything really serious.

If I get this lift:
http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72

It's basically the OME 884 front coils, Toytec plate spacers for 3" front lift, and Toytec AAL for the rear. It says the AAl is a 2" lift. Since the front lift would be 3" and the back 2", that would correct the rake, right?
Also, with a small lift like this, would I still have to put UCAs on the front to keep it from weaving around during highway driving?
Old 06-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #2
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Your gonna want to go with the 885's since you are a DC and have more weight to your truck. Yes the 3" of lift up front and 2" in the back will make you sit level. They say anything above 2.5"s of lift, you should go with aftermarket UCA's to get the alignment back in factory specs but there is a lot of guys that are running with their stock UCA's.
Old 06-23-2011, 11:12 AM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
I believe the 885 coils are recommended for a double cab. Measure your truck from the center of the hub to the fender and see what the factory rake is and make your determination from there. "Level" seems to be in the eye of the beholder, level to me (as measured) looks nose high in my opinion which is why I'd say measure yourself and go from there. At 3" of lift up front, you may or may not need new UCA's. You're right on the border line where some are ok, some require new UCA's.

Also, assuming you're getting new struts to go with those coils also? I don't think you'd want to run them on the stock struts.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:40 PM   #4
DevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to beholdDevilDogTacoma is a splendid one to behold

Law Enforcement: Police officer in MD and Marine in B Co 4th LAR Bn
DevilDogTacoma's Tacoma Gallery
Okay, now what about doing Bilstein 5100s on all four wheels set at 0.85" or 1.75"? Would I have to upgrade the coils too, or can I keep them stock?
I know I sound stupid asking all these questions, but I figured I'd try to learn from you guys who have already done this stuff.
Old 06-23-2011, 03:48 PM   #5
Lieutenant Dan.
DeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shedDeeKay21 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter: Lieutenant
DeeKay21's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDogTacoma View Post
Okay, now what about doing Bilstein 5100s on all four wheels set at 0.85" or 1.75"? Would I have to upgrade the coils too, or can I keep them stock?
I know I sound stupid asking all these questions, but I figured I'd try to learn from you guys who have already done this stuff.
The 5100's only raise the front end and they are supposed to work with the stock coils up front. You would need an AAL or block to raise the rear end.