1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Spidle lift, stock wheels and 285's?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by berso, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Jun 23, 2011 at 10:25 AM
    berso

berso [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Tijuana Mexico
    Vehicle:
    Black Prerunner TRD sport
    Hi, i have a 08 prerunner DC, it have the 17' wheels as far as i know, you need 4.5 offset wheels in order to fit 285's (33) because of rubing on UCA issues, but also as far as i know, spindles move your tires to a bit to the outside, kinda like an spacer, so i wonder if anyone have tryed this combo....i like the stock look but i want bigger tires....another aproach will be, what spacers will work with 285's and stook wheels, and how much the spindle will push the tire outside....

Thanks

2. Jun 23, 2011 at 2:56 PM
    Inked Tacoma

Inked Tacoma GOT INK?????

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Central Coast Cal
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Sport DCLB
    2019 Tacoma TRD Sport DCLB De-Badged, Tent done Coming soon Bilstein set at 2 inch fronts rear 1.5 AAL 17 inch wheels and 265 BFG AT..... Speaker replacement sub and amp and of course window tent! Gone but not forgotten 08 Prerunner TRD Rugged Trail ICON Coil-overs/2.5 V.S. Series Remote Resi Shocks ICON Uni-Ball arms Camburg lift spindles ( Removed Swaybar) Dever 3 inch Lift Springs & Flip Kit, KMS XD Enduro 16x8 258/75 Mickey Thompson BAJA ATZ TRD Cat-Back Tint 30% side/Limo in back. The one that started it all 1999 Tacoma Preunner 6 inch Fabtech drop-bracket with custom kings all the way around AllPro 5 inch springs 35's custom paint and one bitch-en Alpine seystem for sound!!!
    Ok berso here is what I know the stock wheel will rub on the spindle with that 258 if you don't put on a spacer some say a 1/4 will work fine I curently have the spidertrax 1.25 on mine with stock wheels and have had no issues the stance is great the wheel and 285 dose not stick out that bad I like it. Butt I'm puting new wheels on tommorow with the 4.50 back spacing because my buddy wants my wheels. The pic is with the spacer. stock wheel and a 258/75..Hope this helps you.... And give it some time someone will chime in..... :headbang:

New Stance.jpg

3. Jun 29, 2011 at 9:14 AM
    HAWAIICALIVEGAZ

HAWAIICALIVEGAZ Desert Warrior

Member:
    First Name:
    SHANE
    LAS VEGAS NV
    Vehicle:
    2005 TRD Pre Runner
    Dr Coilovers; Camburg UCAs; Sway bar Relocation block; Deaver J66 Leafs; ProComp extended travel rear shocks 6K HIDs & 13" antenna
    damn that's only 1.25" Looks good! Are you going to do anything to the rear or leave it stock?

4. Jun 30, 2011 at 9:02 PM
    Inked Tacoma

Inked Tacoma GOT INK?????

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Central Coast Cal
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tacoma TRD Sport DCLB
    2019 Tacoma TRD Sport DCLB De-Badged, Tent done Coming soon Bilstein set at 2 inch fronts rear 1.5 AAL 17 inch wheels and 265 BFG AT..... Speaker replacement sub and amp and of course window tent! Gone but not forgotten 08 Prerunner TRD Rugged Trail ICON Coil-overs/2.5 V.S. Series Remote Resi Shocks ICON Uni-Ball arms Camburg lift spindles ( Removed Swaybar) Dever 3 inch Lift Springs & Flip Kit, KMS XD Enduro 16x8 258/75 Mickey Thompson BAJA ATZ TRD Cat-Back Tint 30% side/Limo in back. The one that started it all 1999 Tacoma Preunner 6 inch Fabtech drop-bracket with custom kings all the way around AllPro 5 inch springs 35's custom paint and one bitch-en Alpine seystem for sound!!!
    Just added the ALLPRO 3" Leaf sring's two week's ago...Going to do some wheeling with the set up for the frist time on July9th can't waight!!!:D

Products Discussed in

To Top