Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100 rear shocks on stock leafs?

Old 06-24-2011, 08:09 PM   #1
Confusion
Denim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud of

Name: Erick
Denim Dan's Tacoma Gallery
5100 rear shocks on stock leafs?

i bought a 96 taco and the guy who sold it to me put procomp shocks on the back suspension the thing is they are way to long so my rear end jumps and bounces alot on any little bump. my question is will 5100's fit on stock leafs or will i need to get an aal? i want to stay stock suspension for now cause i cant lift the front any time soon also my leafs are stock still but i just want to solve this bouncy back suspension
heres a pic
Old 06-24-2011, 08:28 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
They would work fine
Old 06-24-2011, 08:33 PM   #3
StatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud of

Name: Joey
StatutoryAPE's Tacoma Gallery
i would get 5125's from DSM. the 5100's r still kinda long for stock leafs. The 5125's come in a bunch of different sizes and DSM found which ones fit best for stock height on 1st gen tacos.
Old 06-24-2011, 08:34 PM   #4
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by StatutoryAPE View Post
i would get 5125's from DSM. the 5100's r still kinda long for stock leafs. The 5125's come in a bunch of different sizes and DSM found which ones fit best for stock height on 1st gen tacos.
the OEM 5100 replacements would fit just fine.
Old 06-24-2011, 10:07 PM   #5
LT Chase Truck
mikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shedmikesdoublecab is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mohawk Mike
mikesdoublecab's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
x2

the 5100s are just performance shocks for 0-1 inch of rear lift...

they are great with stock leaf packs...
Old 06-25-2011, 05:46 AM   #7
Whyareyoureadingthis?
VirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shedVirginiaBound is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sam I am, green eggs and ham
VirginiaBound's Tacoma Gallery
Running 5100's and love them!

I think the previous probably removed his lift when he sold the truck but left the lifted struts.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:06 AM   #8
Confusion
Denim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud ofDenim Dan has much to be proud of

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesdoublecab View Post
x2

the 5100s are just performance shocks for 0-1 inch of rear lift...

they are great with stock leaf packs...
soory for being a newb but the stock 5100 shocks are they the chrome ones or yellow ones ive been trying to just find OME ones but cant seems to find anything. would i be able to get them from DSM?
Old 06-25-2011, 11:08 AM   #9
Locked and Lifted "02" DC TRD.
Matic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shedMatic is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Rich
Matic's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Denim Dan View Post
soory for being a newb but the stock 5100 shocks are they the chrome ones or yellow ones ive been trying to just find OME ones but cant seems to find anything. would i be able to get them from DSM?

"OME"= Ole Man Emu
"OEM"= Original Equipment manufacture.

You just want some stock yellow billies?
Old 06-25-2011, 11:28 AM   #10
Confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matic View Post
"OME"= Ole Man Emu
"OEM"= Original Equipment manufacture.

You just want some stock yellow billies?
damn i always mix that up i meant OEM. but i would prefer 5100's but if they dont fit then yea the stock yellow ones
Old 06-25-2011, 12:49 PM   #11

Quote:
damn i always mix that up i meant OEM. but i would prefer 5100's but if they dont fit then yea the stock yellow ones
The 5100's will fit fine. Shoot a PM, or give a call to Downsouth Motorsports, and talk to Sonny, or Marco, and they will set you up.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:05 PM   #12
I'm a zit. Get it?
jgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjgwheeler17 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jgwheeler17's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
they (stock shocks) are all over craigslist btw. . . . though they newest one's you could find there would be 7+ years old, just figured i'd let you know though.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:26 PM   #13
Confusion

Quote:
The 5100's will fit fine. Shoot a PM, or give a call to Downsouth Motorsports, and talk to Sonny, or Marco, and they will set you up.
Thanks chris This is probably the way I'll end up going
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgwheeler17 View Post
they (stock shocks) are all over craigslist btw. . . . though they newest one's you could find there would be 7+ years old, just figured i'd let you know though.
Yea I see them alot bu they're off 2nd gens I got a 96' not sure I'd 2nd gens fit on 1st gens
Old 06-25-2011, 01:34 PM   #14
J-rob
beefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shedbeefcake is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: J-Rob
beefcake's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Yea I see them alot bu they're off 2nd gens I got a 96' not sure I'd 2nd gens fit on 1st gens
they dont fit, they mount up differently than the 1st gen trucks, you're better off calling DSM and getting a good set of rear shocks, or just wait until i put my 5150's on and you can have my semi-used monroe's
Old 06-25-2011, 01:38 PM   #15
Confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
they dont fit, they mount up differently than the 1st gen trucks, you're better off calling DSM and getting a good set of rear shocks, or just wait until i put my 5150's on and you can have my semi-used monroe's
Hahaha didn't you say your monroes are long too?
Old 06-25-2011, 04:18 PM   #17
Confusion

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
no, theyre the right length brah!
oh okay lol sweet haha
Old 06-25-2011, 04:51 PM   #18
StatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud ofStatutoryAPE has much to be proud of

Name: Joey
StatutoryAPE's Tacoma Gallery
Sonny at DSM will recommend the 5125's if you dont have a lift in the rear. thats what he did for me. Thats what he is running on his 1st gen also.