Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME Lift Purchase.

Old 06-25-2011, 07:57 AM   #1
764mike is on a distinguished road
764mike's Tacoma Gallery
OME Lift Purchase.

Getting ready to order the OME lift with 885 coils and Dakar leafs for the rear. Is there anything extra I need to order before install to make life easier.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:15 AM   #2
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
From what a lot of folks have said is the stock shocks ride like shit with those, because they arent valved to handle such a stiff spring. I would look into some shocks as well, if you can afford it. Oh yeah, you might need longer u bolts. Unsure, though.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
UCAs. Possibly extended brake lines and axel shims.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:43 AM   #4
swissrallyman is on a distinguished road

swissrallyman's Tacoma Gallery
I'm assuming he is getting the complete lift, so it will come with OME shocks. I didnt need shims, they seem to be hit and miss. If you do need to install them later, you will need a new set of U-bolts and nuts, and a leafpack pin extender.
Before you install the new front shocks, make sure to disconnect the upper controll arm, it will make it much easier.
Rear brake lines are not needed, I fully flexed my rear end and they werent even tight, BUT I did install a home made rear brake line bracket extender to give you an extra half inch.
I did the complete OME lift by myself without airtools or hoist in 4 hours, it is not very hard to do by yourself.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:47 AM   #5
764mike's Tacoma Gallery
I mean the complete OME lift with the 9000 shocks and 885 coils ordered through Wheelers. This is how its listed on their web page.

Includes NitroCharger front and rear shocks, 885 front coil springs, Dakar rear leaf springs w/ bushings, front trim packer, driveline bearing drop kit and u-bolts! We include pieces that are normally overlooked by other dealers. Normally we'd supply 885 front coils but if you have another preference let us know. The price is the same regardless of which coils you choose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
From what a lot of folks have said is the stock shocks ride like shit with those, because they arent valved to handle such a stiff spring. I would look into some shocks as well, if you can afford it. Oh yeah, you might need longer u bolts. Unsure, though.
Old 06-25-2011, 10:02 AM   #6
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Read this thread and get some centre pin collars for the Dakars in case you need to add axle shims later

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sho....php?p=2839336
Old 06-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #7
neoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neoflex's Tacoma Gallery
Does this lift give you a full 3"? I have been searching as I plan on doing 885s up front but the threads seem to conflict as some say it only gives you 2" while others claim 3".
Old 06-25-2011, 11:25 AM   #8
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
Read this thread and get some centre pin collars for the Dakars in case you need to add axle shims later

Good point Oz. Super easy to do too.

I got a little over 2.5" with just the 885s, but my stock suspension was pretty fresh (little/no sag due to age) when I put my lift on. And even though I went up less than 3" my alignment specs were shite. Putting LR UCAs on to get my caster back
Old 06-25-2011, 12:41 PM   #9
764mike's Tacoma Gallery
What do the axle shims do. Sorry im not that good with this stuf.

Quote:

Old 06-25-2011, 02:34 PM   #10

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 764mike View Post
What do the axle shims do. Sorry im not that good with this stuf.
they slip between axle and the leaf pack to help compensate for the change in drive line angle after you lift the rear

http://www.toyteclifts.com/index.php...mart&Itemid=72
Old 06-25-2011, 06:16 PM   #11
Sprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sprink669's Tacoma Gallery
For what is worth... I have OME 886 springs, Dakar leafs, I did get the full OME kit and I still needed to get (beefed taco's) carrier drop. I tried the OME one with 3* and then 2.5* all did not fix the drive line vibe at around 4-10 mph. Then for the alignment after 285/75/16's and it was way out of wack so onto Light Racing's control arms. Ok, back in alignment. With all of this extra expense I would have gone with the RCD lift.
Old 06-25-2011, 06:39 PM   #12
kieth is on a distinguished road
kieth's Tacoma Gallery
light racing UCA's for sure. oh and get 886s
Old 06-25-2011, 06:43 PM   #13
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
886's are not necessary unless you are planning on an aftermarket steel front bumper and winch
Old 06-25-2011, 07:20 PM   #14
Super Mod!
BlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlueTaco07 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
BlueTaco07's Tacoma Gallery
You will need money as in cash/credit card etc.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:28 PM   #15
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
A D29XL AAL.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:29 PM   #16

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
A D29XL AAL
Have you installed your kit yet ?
Old 06-25-2011, 08:36 PM   #17
764mike's Tacoma Gallery
Not yet. Getting ready to order it soon.

Quote:
Have you installed your kift yet ?
Old 06-25-2011, 08:53 PM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 764mike View Post
Not yet. Getting ready to order it soon.
Understood OP

I was actually asking crf69
Old 08-25-2013, 03:33 PM   #19
200 years too late
Code Gray is on a distinguished road

Name: Nick
Code Gray's Tacoma Gallery
Just installed my OME lift! I did alot of homework and im happy with the end look and ride. I added 885's, top plate spacers and the dakar leaf packs. Stock uca's and the allignment guy said it was good. Next time i'll try to remember to grab the spec print out. No diff drop.
Attached Thumbnails
OME Lift Purchase.-20130825_155817.jpg   OME Lift Purchase.-20130825_155546.jpg  
Old 06-03-2014, 03:45 AM   #20
Spanman702 is on a distinguished road

Name: Shane
Spanman702's Tacoma Gallery
Looks great I'm thinking of doing the same thing. 885 ome kit but with the aal on the back. How did it turn out with stock uca's and no diff drop?