Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Newbie question

Old 06-25-2011, 01:09 PM   #1
WoodyWagon is on a distinguished road
WoodyWagon's Tacoma Gallery
Newbie question

I'm new to the forum, so I apologize if this has been covered, but I searched and couldn't find relevent info.
I have a 2009 TRD Offroad, and I would like to LOWER it, but only about a half inch or so. The stepout of this truck is a little high for me, and for my wife also, who is disabled. She claims that it is okay, but I can see that it isn't. I like this truck, and everything about it, except the step in and out height. I am not into OffRoading, or playing in the mud, so a little less ground clearence wouldn't be a problem for me. I inquired at the dealer about any lowering option from Toyota, but no joy.
I really only want to lower it just a little, without changing wheels or tires.
Old 06-25-2011, 01:12 PM   #2
Bazinga
ckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shedckeeton is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Chris
ckeeton's Tacoma Gallery
i honestly do not know, i know of a couple people on here that have lowered, i'll try and find them. hold on
Old 06-25-2011, 01:23 PM   #4
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Go from 265 tires down to 245.... that will lower a bit.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:25 PM   #5
I thought about step bars, but they are probalmatic for my wife. We tried a truck with running boards, but they actually make the situation for us worse.
I am only looking for a half inch, maybe 3/4 of an inch.
Old 06-25-2011, 05:27 PM   #6
The tires only have 10,500 miles on them, I was hoping to not have to buy tires for a few more years, although in two years or so I will probably replace them due to age.
Old 06-25-2011, 11:27 PM   #7
TACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedTACOMA TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tom
TACOMA TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Are you in Langhorne PA ?
Old 06-26-2011, 04:26 AM   #8
Yes, in Langhorne. I bought it from Team Toyota.