Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

5100 and factory coils

Old 10-13-2008, 06:12 PM   #2
Carolina Alliance: Lead, follow, or get the hell outta my way
tacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomaman06 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
tacomaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
The ebay auction for the 5100s says:

Front shocks are for use with "Factory Coil Springs".

Is this just a CYA or can I use them with the ToyTec coilover kit?
im pretty sure they can be used with the toytec coils......you just gotta leave them on the stock setting.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:25 PM   #4
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

humanoid's Tacoma Gallery
What do you mean by ToyTec coil over kit?
Old 10-13-2008, 06:37 PM   #6
bite me
humanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shedhumanoid is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Not sure if it'll be wise to use them with the 5100s. For some reason I don't think those springs were made to fit those shocks. I would just get some Billy HDs and get those coils and call it a day.

edit: the link you showed up above is for the FJ, they don't share the same suspension components as our gen Tacos.
Old 10-13-2008, 06:41 PM   #7
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
Not sure if it'll be wise to use them with the 5100s. For some reason I don't think those springs were made to fit those shocks. I would just get some Billy HDs and get those coils and call it a day.

edit: the link you showed up above is for the FJ, they don't share the same suspension components as our gen Tacos.
Well, their coilover/strut assembly they sell together for $799 include Bilstein 5100. Are those a different model than the 5100s everyone talks about on here all the time?

http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=53
Old 10-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #8
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

YES you can use them with the 5100s. toytec uses them here http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=53
Old 10-13-2008, 06:44 PM   #9
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Ah, I hadn't noticed that. However, it also says in the description:

Also fits 5100 series aftermarket front shocks. Will not work with factory shocks on the 03-09 4-Runner or 05-09 Tacoma.

Looks like it will work with the 5100s, just not the factory shocks that come on the '09 Tacoma.

Am I reading this right? I guess I could call ToyTec tomorrow...
Old 10-13-2008, 06:47 PM   #10
`
rick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shedrick is one of the sharper tools in the shed

rick's Tacoma Gallery
you can use them with factory springs also
Old 10-13-2008, 06:51 PM   #11
bite me

Alright, forget everything I said. I just realized you have an '09 Taco and not a first gen Taco, and yes, those will work... obviously.