Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

UCAs comparison

Old 10-13-2008, 07:02 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Light Raceing uses a Standard Ball joint, where as the TC's use an Arura Uniball. A uniball is much stronger, and gives more freedom of movement than a ball joint.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:07 PM   #3
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Light Raceing uses a Standard Ball joint, where as the TC's use an Arura Uniball. A uniball is much stronger, and gives more freedom of movement than a ball joint.
Is this more important for hard core off-roading and rock crawling? I'll be honest and say that I'll mostly be doing normal driving. But an occasional trip into a puddle is definitely not out of the question...

I'll probably just pony up the extra cash so I won't regret it later, but just trying to gauge the importance.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:19 PM   #4
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
Is this more important for hard core off-roading and rock crawling? I'll be honest and say that I'll mostly be doing normal driving. But an occasional trip into a puddle is definitely not out of the question...

I'll probably just pony up the extra cash so I won't regret it later, but just trying to gauge the importance.
In my oppinion, haveing a Uniball instead of a regular Ball Joint is beneficial in many ways. The uniball can be rebuilt easilly. When lifting, the upper ball joint can take a beating if you have a longer than stock shock/spring assembly. And, it has much more range of motion over a regular ball joint.

Also, the TC UCA's look pretty dam cool!

Old 10-15-2008, 09:58 AM   #5
sooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nicesooner02r1 is just really nice
sooner02r1's Tacoma Gallery
Camburg has a uniball too. Costs a little less than TC I think. Light Racing arms are turds. Icon makes some awesome ones but your wallet won't feel awesome after you pay for them.