LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Levelling kits?

Old 06-27-2011, 07:07 AM   #1
jillryan is on a distinguished road
jillryan's Tacoma Gallery
Levelling kits?

I'm wanting to lift my truck about 2" wondering what you guys recommend? I don't want to put a lift kit on it just thinking on putting a levelling kit on it. Wondering how much and what kind to get? Thanks
Old 06-27-2011, 07:28 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
If you want to just lift the front end, the cheapest route is spacers. A better method is Bilstein 5100 adjustable struts, even better is aftermarket coils. Depends on your price range and how well you want it to ride when you're done. Welcome to TW by the way!
Old 06-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #3
The Messiah
tacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomatrd99's Tacoma Gallery
Go for the Bilstein 5100's. That's what I did. They're set at .85". This way you also have the option of adding an add-a-leaf to the back and adjusting the Bilsteins up higher if you want a little lift (also what I'm about to do).
Old 06-28-2011, 04:25 AM   #4
Thanks! Are they hard to install? How much are they?
Old 06-28-2011, 05:59 AM   #5
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillryan View Post
Thanks! Are they hard to install? How much are they?
The install isn't terrible but good tools and an extra set of hands wouldn't be a bad idea. Air tools are great if you have access to them. Check out the link below, that's an Old Man Emu install and his struts were pre-assembled. If you bought new coils, you might be able to get them preassembled with the strut. If not, you'll need a spring compressor to re-use your stock coil.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ines-pics.html
Check these guys out, they sell the adjustable 5100 strut.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/downsouth-motorsports/
I'm running the 5100 strut, set at the 0 (stock height) setting with a set of Eibach coils. The Eibach coils provide 1.6" of lift and are a little stiffer than stock coils. Toytec sells the Eibach coils as well as the 5100's if you want to look into them also.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:02 AM   #6
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomatrd99 View Post
Go for the Bilstein 5100's. That's what I did. They're set at .85". This way you also have the option of adding an add-a-leaf to the back and adjusting the Bilsteins up higher if you want a little lift (also what I'm about to do).
So, I am assuming you are stock in back (no AAL, and stock suspension)...are you completely level at .85", or still a little high in the rear?

Thanks!
Old 06-28-2011, 02:57 PM   #7
The Messiah
tacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomatrd99 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomatrd99's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by friction View Post
So, I am assuming you are stock in back (no AAL, and stock suspension)...are you completely level at .85", or still a little high in the rear?

Thanks!
I'm stock in the back and am about 1/4" to 3/8" higher in the rear still. I understand the next setting would put me nose high so I stuck with .85. I'm very close to putting in the AAL though. Was happy with level for a while. Now I want more.lol That's why I think it's great to do it this way, it's kind of progressive so you don't really waste anything but don't spend more than you need to. If you're happy at level, than you have minimal outlay.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:02 AM   #8
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm stock in the back and am about 1/4" to 3/8" higher in the rear still. I understand the next setting would put me nose high so I stuck with .85. I'm very close to putting in the AAL though. Was happy with level for a while. Now I want more.lol That's why I think it's great to do it this way, it's kind of progressive so you don't really waste anything but don't spend more than you need to. If you're happy at level, than you have minimal outlay.
Cool...I was hoping it was a wee bit high in the rear for loads. I will do the same, then, but most likely wait until my shocks are due for replacement.

Thanks for the reply!
Old 06-29-2011, 07:13 PM   #9
pollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud ofpollock21 has much to be proud of

Name: Brian
pollock21's Tacoma Gallery
If you decide to do spacers, pm me. I bought a set of above coil spacers but dsm got some 5100's in stock so I went that route as well.

There's a lot of info on here, pros and cons of spacers vs shocks. If you're not gonna do a lot of hardcore offroading, and you really just want to level the truck, then just go with spacers. Cheaper and easier. I'll give you a good deal on the spacers if you decide to go that route.
Old 06-29-2011, 07:26 PM   #10
neoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shedneoflex is one of the sharper tools in the shed
neoflex's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm guessing you don't have the TSB springs correct? Just wondering because I think most guys with 5100s up front and the TSB are going to 1.25 to be level.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:43 AM   #11
I think I'm probably going to go with 5100's for the front and back.