Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Going mid travel

Old 06-27-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
showzer is on a distinguished road

Name: Shea
showzer's Tacoma Gallery
Going mid travel

So I have been strongly considering cutting off my coil buckets and putting shock hoops in and putting coil overs in for better off road performance. I currently have a fabtech UCA and am wondering if i will be able to keep my upper and lower control arms. And what size coil overs will I need to buy?
Old 06-28-2011, 10:32 AM   #2

showzer's Tacoma Gallery
I have a 1st gen 5 lug though and total chaos doesnt make the LCA for me :| and since Ive got the 5 lug i dont have coilovers
Old 06-28-2011, 02:19 PM   #3
E-Fabber
Anthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shedAnthony250 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Anthony
Anthony250's Tacoma Gallery
Just a thought, but how about just finding a low priced Long travel kit , on craigs or something. They do make coilovers for your truck. I saw them on ebay it was a racerunner coilovers and rear shocks on ebay for $500 but its sold now.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:17 AM   #4

showzer's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony250 View Post
Just a thought, but how about just finding a low priced Long travel kit , on craigs or something. They do make coilovers for your truck. I saw them on ebay it was a racerunner coilovers and rear shocks on ebay for $500 but its sold now.
getting a cheap long travel kit would be my top choice! I still havent been able to find one though...
Old 06-29-2011, 12:25 AM   #5
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
Cheap and Long Travel, are 3 words that shouldn't be used in 1 sentence.

Adding a shock hoop and coilovers would probably cost quite a bit, might as well save up for a LT kit. Look on Race-dezert.com for a kit.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:34 AM   #6
Master of the Prius...
SpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpazzyB is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryen
SpazzyB's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to SpazzyB
http://www.race-dezert.com/cgi-bin/t...econd&id=35631
Old 05-13-2012, 05:51 PM   #7
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
youll bend your uca cross shafts. id get some heimed uppers made and plate them down to the frame
Old 05-14-2012, 01:26 AM   #8
Greg Graffin 2016
WhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhatThePho? is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Andre
WhatThePho?'s Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to WhatThePho?
^ Dafuq? There's cross shafts in the uca? How do you plate an upper arm to the frame?

Thread revival.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:30 AM   #9
Who needs roads?
Taco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shedTaco me elmo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Micah
Taco me elmo's Tacoma Gallery
Sell your 5 lug, buy a pre-runner 6 lug and mid travel it out.

Cheaper and more designed for the application.

If thats not an option, forget mid travel on a 5 lug.. really wont happen.

Go long travel and prepare to spend a few thousand.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:58 AM   #10
Joels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to beholdJoels98taco is a splendid one to behold

Name: joel
Joels98taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatThePho? View Post
^ Dafuq? There's cross shafts in the uca? How do you plate an upper arm to the frame?

Thread revival.
theres a cross shaft that attatches the uca to the coil bucket. they are weak as shit. best way to eliminate it would be to make some plate mounts to the frame and heim the ucas to make it alignable again