Notices

Witch way dose my bottom leafspring go?

Old 06-28-2011, 04:47 PM   #1
Ruts are the enemy
dirty TaTer is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
dirty TaTer's Tacoma Gallery
Witch way dose my bottom leafspring go?

I purchased a set of doorman springs and a friend of mine said the bottom leaf was upsidedown. It is the thicker one on the bottom rear. The leaf is bending towards the ground. I understand that there are many typs of leaf packs but my friend thinks ALL leafsprings bend the same way. Please clear this up!
Old 06-28-2011, 04:48 PM   #2
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
the bottom spring is the overload spring. it usually looks flat if not a little bent downwards (due to it being old and worn out)
Old 06-28-2011, 04:49 PM   #3
Carolina Alliance Southwest Region Ambassador
jandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shedjandrews is one of the sharper tools in the shed

jandrews's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by CopDoctor View Post
the bottom spring is the overload spring. it usually looks flat if not a little bent downwards

What he said.

You can see my frowning overload leaf in this photo:

Old 06-28-2011, 04:55 PM   #4
Dan
YotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shedYotaDan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dan
YotaDan's Tacoma Gallery
If the pack has an overload leaf, then the bottom leaf sounds like it is correct. The overload leaf is not a supporting leaf in the pack. Otherwise your truck would ride like a buckboard wagon.
Old 06-28-2011, 05:04 PM   #5
Ruts are the enemy
dirty TaTer is on a distinguished road
Name: Kevin
dirty TaTer's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks. Real quick, my new leafsprings are sagging after only a monty. Any particular reason for this (they are almost riding the overload).
Old 06-28-2011, 05:10 PM   #6
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
Name: Matt
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
bad springs? call dan (two posts up)..he'll hook you up.