Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Couple of suspension questions

Old 06-28-2011, 06:03 PM   #1
TRG is on a distinguished road
TRG's Tacoma Gallery
Couple of suspension questions

I tried searching for the last hour and found tidbits here and there but no definitive answers to my questions. I have a 09 Tacoma Sport 4x4.

Im going to get the leaf pack TSB done next week because i noticed the truck squats with a relatively light load, especially compared to my old dakota. It also felt floaty.

I hope this helps some, but my main question is there anything i can do to increase my payload capacity, and not change the ride height? Im a car guy, who needs a truck for hauling and towing, so im honestly not into the lifting to much and would rather maintain the stock ride height if possible, while not making unloaded ride suck.
Old 06-28-2011, 06:05 PM   #2
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
the TSB will help. other option might be airbags?
Old 06-28-2011, 06:06 PM   #3
TRG's Tacoma Gallery
So far it looks like i should be ordering Bilstein 5100s. Will an AAL increase the lift at all or is it minimal? Do you guys suggest alignment after?
Old 06-28-2011, 06:08 PM   #4
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
I would skip the time wasted on the TSB and go for airbags.

I would do any alignment after installing the 5100s.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:59 PM   #5
TRG's Tacoma Gallery
So is there no replacement leaf pack out there, thats better than the TSB yet dosnt give lift?
Old 06-30-2011, 01:58 PM   #6
Pakow is one of the sharper tools in the shedPakow is one of the sharper tools in the shedPakow is one of the sharper tools in the shedPakow is one of the sharper tools in the shedPakow is one of the sharper tools in the shedPakow is one of the sharper tools in the shedPakow is one of the sharper tools in the shedPakow is one of the sharper tools in the shedPakow is one of the sharper tools in the shedPakow is one of the sharper tools in the shedPakow is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Ryan
Pakow's Tacoma Gallery
The air bags are probably a better option if you want to keep stock height and just have added load capacity.

I have the firestone ride rites on mine with the 3 leaf pack and it rides great. Plus it is totally adjustable depending on how much weight is in the back.
Old 06-30-2011, 01:59 PM   #7
TRG's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pakow View Post
The air bags are probably a better option if you want to keep stock height and just have added load capacity.

I have the firestone ride rites on mine with the 3 leaf pack and it rides great. Plus it is totally adjustable depending on how much weight is in the back.

Whats the cost on something like that?