levelling a Toytec ULK

Old 06-28-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
Thesilversurfer is on a distinguished road
Law Enforcement: Hunter of sex offenders
Name: Rich
Thesilversurfer's Tacoma Gallery
levelling a Toytec ULK

HI

Today I had a Toyota dealer fit a complete Toytec Ultimate Lift kit and UCA's to by 2011 Tacoma DCLB TRD.

All was great until i drove it. Under braking the truckl is dipping on the front passenger side.

I looked underneath and found that the dealer has compensated for the lean by adjusting the driver's side coilover quite abit. The passenger side has 6 threads showing on the coil over and driver's side has 11-12! Therefore the drivers side spring is under alot of compression all the time and is not compressing under braking.

Hows the best way to deal with this? I will return her to the dealer's to fix but i want a solution to argue with if they bullshit me.

Im thinking, adjust the drivers side back to the same as the passnger side and then check the lean, measure it and get the toytec spacer kit to level her out.

What do you guys think?

Richie
Old 06-28-2011, 07:49 PM   #3
get the spacer and then adjust the coilovers to the same amount?
Old 06-28-2011, 07:58 PM   #4
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesilversurfer View Post
get the spacer and then adjust the coilovers to the same amount?
Yes
Old 06-28-2011, 08:01 PM   #5
Thank you mate. Thats great. I cant believe it been left like that but thats life I suppose.

Thanks again
Old 06-28-2011, 08:03 PM   #6
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesilversurfer View Post
Thank you mate. Thats great. I cant believe it been left like that but thats life I suppose.

Thanks again
Did you have the spacer and they just didn't install it ?
Old 06-28-2011, 08:46 PM   #7
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
You don't need a spacer, it just needs to be adjusted with the spring collars. They should fix it since they installed it. However, would be nice for you to know what to do in the future and when it settles. It's real easy man!
Old 06-28-2011, 08:51 PM   #8

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
You don't need a spacer, it just needs to be adjusted with the spring collars. They should fix it since they installed it. However, would be nice for you to know what to do in the future and when it settles. It's real easy man!
Isn't that precisely the issue he is complaining about ?
Old 06-29-2011, 08:49 AM   #11
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
The ultimate kit is an adjustable coilover and can be adjusted for height with the spanner wrench. No need to add a spacer to it. That would be for springs that are not adjustable.....eibach, ome etc.
Old 06-29-2011, 09:08 AM   #12
Its just the adjustment so far has made the suspension on the drivers side so firm it's not flexing under braking. I spoke to Toytec and they say spacers cannot be used on coilovers.

Confusing
Old 06-29-2011, 10:06 AM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
The ultimate kit is an adjustable coilover and can be adjusted for height with the scanner wrench. No need to add a spacer to it. That would be for springs that are not adjustable.....eibach, ome etc.
I must be incorrect then , I always thought that the 1/4 spacer was used with the Toytec set-up on the drivers side as well .

My apologies OP
Old 06-29-2011, 10:10 AM   #14
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
How much lift are you running? Cranking up the driver's side to make up for the lean shouldn't make that much of a difference. The dealership may have just been careless with where they set the collars. I'd take it back to them and ask why they set it the way they did and maybe they can back it off some on the driver's side.

I'm not sure how much distance 6 or 12 threads is but there should only be about 1/8" - 1/4" difference in the threads side to side.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:14 AM   #15
I thought the same. Make no apologies.

Here's a question. When setting the coil over up for the lean, how much fuel should be in the truck? I had three quarters of a tank in the truck when then set up the suspension.
Old 06-29-2011, 11:58 AM   #16

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Should be sitting around 38-38.5" from ground to fender for a typical 3" lift. They will be firmer and prob won't compress that much from braking. As long as the measurements are close that height both sides. I'm sitting 38.5" but have 33" MT's.
Old 06-29-2011, 12:41 PM   #17
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
i just cranked mine until it looked level.