Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Post lift pics

Old 10-14-2008, 01:49 PM   #1
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
MyToyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to MyToyTaco
Post lift pics

Before lift:

Rear AAL done:

front coils / billys done:

Old 10-14-2008, 01:53 PM   #3
╒╪╕
MyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedMyToyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Toytec AAL - no TSB done..

Thanks!
Old 10-14-2008, 01:53 PM   #4
Chris_Crunch is on a distinguished road
Chris_Crunch's Tacoma Gallery
I Like the middle picture!!! J/k The final product looks good
Old 10-14-2008, 01:56 PM   #5
hell yes i love my truck
MsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedMsTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Samantha
MsTRD's Tacoma Gallery
very nice!
Old 10-14-2008, 01:59 PM   #6
╒╪╕

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Crunch View Post
I Like the middle picture!!! J/k The final product looks good

I thought I would throw in the hot wheels look
Old 10-14-2008, 01:59 PM   #8
╒╪╕

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsTrd View Post
very nice!

thanks
Old 10-14-2008, 07:30 PM   #9
Taco4evr is on a distinguished road
Name: Justin
Taco4evr's Tacoma Gallery
what size lift is that? looks really good!
Old 10-15-2008, 09:51 AM   #11
╒╪╕

Thanks everyone..its the 3" toytec lift. 885 coils w/ 5100s, and rear AAL, tires are 265/70 R17 all terrains..
Old 10-15-2008, 12:56 PM   #12
ubermx5 is on a distinguished road
ubermx5's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to ubermx5
Man I wish i could that for a fair price on my 5 lugger...
Darn 5 lug crapp

Your truck looks right now..
Old 10-17-2008, 12:34 PM   #14
╒╪╕

After driving around for a few days i'm a little concerned. There is a sight vibration in the front end that can be felt through the pedals, floorboard, steering wheel etc.. VERY VERY slight vibration. I've looked and looked and I dont see any evidence of rubbing. At first i thought it was because I hadn;t aligned yet and the tires were running uneven. So i get the truck aligned..and it is still happening.. Any suggestions??

---also

there is a little bit of wheel-hop/vibration in the rear end when proceeding from a stop at about 1500 rpm's.. could shims help this?
Old 10-17-2008, 12:49 PM   #16
╒╪╕

Yep. There is barely enough room in between my tire and the tip of the UCA to fit my index finger...that was my first thought but it doesnt visually look like they are rubbing..?
Old 10-17-2008, 12:54 PM   #17
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
the reason i ask is because even though You got the front aligned Tacomas dont have alot of adjustment in the camber. Essentially you cant get all the positive camber corrected so the truck is riding on the outside edge of the tire by 1 or 2 degrees. This may be what your feeling.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:56 PM   #18
╒╪╕

Would that explain why i dont feel it as much when im doing 65 on the freeway around a slight curve?
Old 10-17-2008, 01:20 PM   #20
╒╪╕

You still running stock UCA's?

and whats your take on the shims?