Notices

Cheapest OME full kit LowRange Offroad

Old 06-30-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
Eldowr will become famous soon enough

Air Force: Desk Sgt
Name: Donavon
Eldowr's Tacoma Gallery
Exclamation Cheapest OME full kit LowRange Offroad

Haven't ever seen anything about Low Range Offroad in the forums. Decided to take a look while searching for a deal on an Old Man Emu kit.
They have the full kit listed about $100 cheaper than anywhere else I've searched. (didn't look into shipping)

Low Range Offroad - Old Man Emu

Enjoy!
Old 06-30-2011, 09:42 AM   #2
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
If the description is correct, that kit has the older N140S front shocks, instead of the newer 90000s. i got the N140s in a kit i bought from amazon ($750 with dakars and free shipping) and they ride really well. dan at wheelers said that a lot of people prefer the softer ride of the older model N140s

might check to see if the kit has the updated 885x spring though...

also not sure whether those 885s could give you too much lift on a regular cab (unless you are adding weight to the front). most people put 884s on regular cabs.
Old 07-07-2011, 05:53 AM   #3

Eldowr's Tacoma Gallery
Good call on the shocks Johnny! Definitely something that I didn't even know to look for.

I asked a regular cab owner what he thought about his 885s and if I should go with 884. His suggestion was that with the full dakar springs in the rear the 884 would give you an extreme rake angle.

I think my plan is to just rock the 885s when I make the purchase. If I feel the lift is too extreme I'll either replace them with 884s or convince the wife that, "baby, we need that plate bumper to make the truck sit right." :grin:
Old 07-08-2011, 05:28 AM   #4
I have to return some videotapes
JonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shedJonnyBb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

JonnyBb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldowr View Post
Good call on the shocks Johnny! Definitely something that I didn't even know to look for.

I asked a regular cab owner what he thought about his 885s and if I should go with 884. His suggestion was that with the full dakar springs in the rear the 884 would give you an extreme rake angle.

I think my plan is to just rock the 885s when I make the purchase. If I feel the lift is too extreme I'll either replace them with 884s or convince the wife that, "baby, we need that plate bumper to make the truck sit right." :grin:
that sounds like a helluva plan. the other guy has a good point, and if you had to dump those 885s, you should be able to sell them pretty easily on TW. make sure your wife doesn't read your post and get wise to you plan. good luck and post some pics when its done.
Old 07-08-2011, 06:51 AM   #5

Eldowr's Tacoma Gallery
Oh she already knows all the mods I'd like to do. She's been pretty supportive of them so far as long as the money is there for them. She is a little iffy on the plate bumper at this point, but wheels tires and lift she's ok with. She's really looking forward to the Keyless entry I'm planning on adding, and she insisted that I get seat covers (read: wet okole's lol) since the stock cloth sucks in shorts.

I'm deploy for now, but when I get home and get to working on the beast I'll be posting up pictures in my build thread =)