LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Need help: Recommendations on a 6" suspension lift...

Old 06-30-2011, 03:17 PM   #1
vprgts is on a distinguished road

Name: Walter
vprgts's Tacoma Gallery
Need help: Recommendations on a 6" suspension lift...

I'm really interested in lifting my 2010 sport Trd double cab 4x4 auto but cannot decide on which system??

Here are my driving characteristics. Primarily a to and from work truck with very little four wheeling (here and there) and the occasional winter snow. I don't really do any towing unless I'm moving light stuff. So you can see that I guess it's more about the show and ride.

I want to toss 20x10 Ultra Goliath Wheels with 35x12.50 r20 Nitto Terra Graplers on. (Are these good tires?)

Sure this is a pretty expensive outfit but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 06-30-2011, 05:05 PM   #2
DA INFERNO is on a distinguished road
DA INFERNO's Tacoma Gallery
Nitto's are very road noisy. The Toyo MTs are much quieter and ride very nice. I had 35" Toyo's on my 2500hd Diesel and loved them. Sorry I cant help you on the Tacoma lift, I'm learning about Tacoma lifts myself. If it was a Chevy, that's easy I would say go with Cognito!
Old 06-30-2011, 05:29 PM   #4

vprgts's Tacoma Gallery
Good info. It looks as if it's either going to be fabtech or pro comp for this 6 inch build. Thanks again!
Old 06-30-2011, 05:31 PM   #5
the full Monty
Manwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shedManwithoutaplan is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Manwithoutaplan's Tacoma Gallery
Some with 6 inch pro comp lift. I would recommend getting the lift with the coil over instead of the spacer. ALso recommend getting the drop down bracket from beef taco. On the tire question, i have heard great things about the Nitto Terra Graplers. Make sure if you get the coil over lift to adjust the coil so it is not to stiff.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:02 AM   #7
93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed93civEJ1 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

93civEJ1's Tacoma Gallery
i have a 6" pro-comp on the way for my 09. I will be going from a 3". I just went with the basic kit for now since I dont do very much off road and its mainly highway driving.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:30 AM   #8
MR.Redtaco is on a distinguished road
MR.Redtaco's Tacoma Gallery
I have the fabtech basic 6in lift with 35 trail's the ride isn't to bad it is a good quality lift. I had the terra grapplers on my f150 and they didn't last very long but that was because it was on a heaver truck. They are a great a't and do well off road.
Old 07-01-2011, 08:33 AM   #9
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
I have two second gens, with a fabtech lift on one and a pro comp on the other. You cant go wrong with either lift IMO. I would look and see which one is cheaper or may be on sale somewhere. I have 316/70/17s on one truck and love it. I have had ZERO problems with either truck, especially the 05/Pro Comp. I drive the hell outa that truck and have had no issues so far and Im at 132K.
Old 07-05-2011, 05:46 PM   #10

vprgts's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manwithoutaplan View Post
Also not matter what lift you go with your going to get the drive shaft vibes. unless you get a single drive shaft.
I'm not sure what you mean in regards to the drive shaft vibes. Doesn't the truck already come with a single drive shaft? Forgive me if this is a dumb question. Also do I need a steering stabilzer on the pro comp suspension lift?
Old 07-05-2011, 05:53 PM   #11

vprgts's Tacoma Gallery
thanks for that info! so i've decided to go with the pro comp stage 1 kit bc of the good things i've heard and the cost. my question is can I shove a 20 x 10 rim under the 6" lift? 4wheelonline says this, "Stage I systems are available with spacers for the factory front struts and ES9000 rear shock absorbers to deliver factory ride quality. 6” of lift allows the use of 35” x 12.50” tires on 18” or larger diameter rims up to 9” wide with up to 4.75” backspacing."
Old 07-05-2011, 05:55 PM   #12

vprgts's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks for that explanation! I'm planning on buying all the items at 4wheelonline...Do they offer single drive shafts? What name brand can you recommend? Thanks!
Old 07-06-2011, 08:39 PM   #13
lvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allan
lvlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by vprgts View Post
thanks for that info! so i've decided to go with the pro comp stage 1 kit bc of the good things i've heard and the cost. my question is can I shove a 20 x 10 rim under the 6" lift? 4wheelonline says this, "Stage I systems are available with spacers for the factory front struts and ES9000 rear shock absorbers to deliver factory ride quality. 6” of lift allows the use of 35” x 12.50” tires on 18” or larger diameter rims up to 9” wide with up to 4.75” backspacing."
u can fit 20x10 easily, ive got 20x12 on mine....

Products Discussed in this Thread