Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Icon dilema

Old 10-14-2008, 04:26 PM   #1
HI-TECH LIFTS
DAN LUSHER has a brilliant futureDAN LUSHER has a brilliant futureDAN LUSHER has a brilliant futureDAN LUSHER has a brilliant futureDAN LUSHER has a brilliant futureDAN LUSHER has a brilliant futureDAN LUSHER has a brilliant futureDAN LUSHER has a brilliant futureDAN LUSHER has a brilliant futureDAN LUSHER has a brilliant futureDAN LUSHER has a brilliant future
DAN LUSHER's Tacoma Gallery
Icon dilema

This is a heads up to all of you my new out of the box icons coated with ivd froze at 2 3/8 thread depth stripping spanner and shock collar. Always the first question did you have it elevated, well of coarse duh !!! Come to find out from donahue the ivd coating my be to deep so they are chasing threads and antiseizing bodys so much for the corrosion protection ! It only took 2 men and a big bar to adjust them.
Old 10-14-2008, 04:36 PM   #2
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Yeesh! I usually use a 3-pound dead-blow hammer on the spanner wrench when things stick.

Pretty lousy about needing to chase the threads but at least they're aware of the issue.
Old 10-14-2008, 10:32 PM   #3
20taco07 has a spectacular aura about20taco07 has a spectacular aura about20taco07 has a spectacular aura about

20taco07's Tacoma Gallery
never had any issues with mine, adjust them with one arm all the time.
Old 10-20-2008, 08:49 AM   #4
SRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of lightSRFIVE is a glorious beacon of light

SRFIVE's Tacoma Gallery
I had several issues with my ICONs too; First set was missing the nitrogen cap plug, and when I installed them the truck was unlevel by 7/8", even after I compensated with the adjuster nut they rode like crap. They sent me another set but one was leaking oil all over the box...I gave up. They were good to deal with and they ended up taking everything back.