Notices

Let's see if I got this right...

Old 06-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #1
sante55 is on a distinguished road

Firefighter: Fireman
Name: Jeremy
sante55's Tacoma Gallery
Let's see if I got this right...

Hello TW...learned so much searching the forums...So, I have a 2011 TRD Sport Doublecab Prerunner...Hopefully, I got this right...I have narrowed down my lift set-up to the following:

Camburg Spindles
Camburg UCA 1.25" Uniball
Toytec Coilovers (uses Bilstein 5100)
Bilstein 5100 for the Rear Shocks
Deaver Custom Leaf Spring Pack (Luckily, I live near Deaver's Shop)

I'm planning to run 17x9 wheels (haven't shopped these yet) with 285/70R17 Goodyear Duratrac's.

I would like the truck level...not diggin' the bro lean or rake...so here's a couple of scenarios:

1) I figure if the Front 5100's are set at .85" (which would put me close to a 5" lift w/ the spindles)...then I could go with a custom Deaver Leaf Spring Pack that lifts the rear 3" or so...and I'm pretty sure the 5100's would work in the rear...and gives me a pretty level set-up...Yes/No?

2) Next scenario...If the Front 5100's are set to 1.75" (which would put me close to a 6" lift w/ the spindles)...how high should I go in the rear to level the truck...and would the 5100's work in the rear with this set up...Suggestions?

So...what do you think?
Old 06-30-2011, 09:36 PM   #2
Faster than a speeding ticket
Watari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shedWatari06V6 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Watari06V6's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaholandho View Post
This makes me tired
Old 06-30-2011, 09:37 PM   #3
Class IV Category 8 Elite VIP Member (Only)
BradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBradleyScottETC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bradley
BradleyScottETC's Tacoma Gallery
Adjustable 5100s do not work for the rear suspension, at all.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:47 PM   #4

sante55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyScottETC View Post
Adjustable 5100s do not work for the rear suspension, at all.
Thanks for the info...I was planning to go with the non-adjustable 5100's recommended for the rear.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:51 PM   #5
nvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shednvdeserted is one of the sharper tools in the shed

nvdeserted's Tacoma Gallery
The 5100s in the rear might be to short and limit your axle articulation in the droop department if you go more than +2-3" in the back.

As for the calculations to get our lean/level correct, my Taco came stock at about +2" higher in the rear, so basically any lift I do, while wanting it to be level, needs to be about 2" more in the front. Not sure about the Prerunner tho, might naturally have less rake due to less weight in the front.

Are you going to work on it yourself or have a shop do it?
Old 06-30-2011, 10:09 PM   #6

sante55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nvdeserted View Post
The 5100s in the rear might be to short and limit your axle articulation in the droop department if you go more than +2-3" in the back.

As for the calculations to get our lean/level correct, my Taco came stock at about +2" higher in the rear, so basically any lift I do, while wanting it to be level, needs to be about 2" more in the front. Not sure about the Prerunner tho, might naturally have less rake due to less weight in the front.

Are you going to work on it yourself or have a shop do it?
Well, thats the golden question for me...the install seems easy...just time consuming...but because Camburg is local to me I may have them install the lift...right now the priority is getting all the parts staged so I can install everything one weekend or load it up and take it to a shop...depends if I can get some extra shifts at work to pay for the install...I'll be able to get a better idea on the rear lift; first, when I decide how high to go in the front and second, when I talk to Deaver and see what they recommend for the rear...but I hear ya on the 5100's in the rear...thanks for the info...much appreciated!!!
Old 06-30-2011, 10:20 PM   #8

sante55's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by horwitzs View Post
5110s or 5125s in the rear.
I haven't seen any Bilstein 5110's...but I'm with you on the 5125's...I'll probably go the 5125's in the rear if I set the 5100's in the front to 1.75"...thanks for suggestion!!!