Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

3'' Toytec Ques

Old 07-01-2011, 08:17 AM   #1
NS TRD is on a distinguished road
NS TRD's Tacoma Gallery
3'' Toytec Ques

If i were to get the 3" Toytec ultimate Lift how would my truck its an 08 access cab trd offroad look with the 3 " lift and 265/75/16 tires (putting BFG Mud terrain km2 on it)anybody have any pics? would the tires look too small for the truck after lifted
Old 07-01-2011, 08:20 AM   #2
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
It would look alright... But, if you haven't bought the KM2s yet get 285s. The more you look at your truck with those 265/75s the more you wished you got 285s. A lot of guys went down this route on here at first, then end up getting 285s in the end.

Just my .02
Old 07-01-2011, 08:26 AM   #3
NS TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
It would look alright... But, if you haven't bought the KM2s yet get 285s. The more you look at your truck with those 265/75s the more you wished you got 285s. A lot of guys went down this route on here at first, then end up getting 285s in the end.

Just my .02
Will the 285's fit with out any mods?on the stock rims?
Old 07-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #4
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
You will need to do some trimming in the inner wheel well, where the plastic is to reduce rubbing. In some cases you will need to do a cab chop mod (I haven't done it and hardly rub on it at all) If you plan on running stock wheels, then you will need wheel spacers. Spidertrax makes good wheel spacers and they will provide 1.25 of spacing. Now if plan on buying new wheels, get wheels with a 4.5 Back spacing and a 0 off set. Both will work to rid of UCA rub.

In the end it's worth getting 285s, which looks the best with a 3" lift in my opinion.

Edit: X2 Senor Taco, Mud flap removal
Old 07-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #5
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NS TRD View Post
Will the 285's fit with out any mods?on the stock rims?
Spisertrax wheel spacers and minor trimming and frontmud flap removal
Old 07-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #6
NS TRD's Tacoma Gallery
If i get the wheel spacers will i still have to trim?anybody that wants to post a pic of either so i can get a look at them?i'm pretty new to lifts so i want to see what it would look like
Old 07-01-2011, 08:41 AM   #7
TacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoBS is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Billyson
TacoBS's Tacoma Gallery
How about 275/70/R17's? Larger than the 265's and no rubbing issues...
Old 07-02-2011, 12:10 AM   #8
ROLLIN ON RUST
senor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedsenor taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve
senor taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by NS TRD View Post
If i get the wheel spacers will i still have to trim?anybody that wants to post a pic of either so i can get a look at them?i'm pretty new to lifts so i want to see what it would look like
I will get some pics of mine, I only have 5100's@2.5". I've seen what people had to cut with 3" lift and its not as much.