Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Add-a-Leaf or Bilsteins????

Old 07-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
shaman06 is on a distinguished road
Name: Jason
shaman06's Tacoma Gallery
Add-a-Leaf or Bilsteins????

I have a 2006 dcsb with toytec coilovers in the front and an add-a-leaf in the rear. it is at a 3 inch leveled height right now but i want to lower the back end so the truck sits higher in the front than the back. What would my best options be? do i pull out the aal and put in bilsteins set at 2 inches or can i put in the bilsteins and keep the aal. i dont want my payload to go down but i also want it to ride smoother. im kind of counfused :/. thanks for any responses!
Old 07-02-2011, 12:56 PM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaman06 View Post
I have a 2006 dcsb with toytec coilovers in the front and an add-a-leaf in the rear. it is at a 3 inch leveled height right now but i want to lower the back end so the truck sits higher in the front than the back. What would my best options be? do i pull out the aal and put in bilsteins set at 2 inches or can i put in the bilsteins and keep the aal. i dont want my payload to go down but i also want it to ride smoother. im kind of counfused :/. thanks for any responses!
The rear 5100s do not provide lift.

If you take out the add a leaf, the rear will sit 1.5" to 2" lower than it does now, depending on the side of the add a leaf.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:57 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Will the ride get smoother with the 5100s?
Yes it will.
Old 07-02-2011, 12:59 PM   #6
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
nice! i think im gonna take that road, thanks alot KPT!
Not a problem.