Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

what is the best 3" lift and why.

Old 07-02-2011, 07:52 PM   #1
jastampke is on a distinguished road

Name: jason
jastampke's Tacoma Gallery
what is the best 3" lift and why.

i am a proud ner owner of an 08 tacoma. i want to level it out and lift it. i am think about a revtec 3" front 1.5 in the rear. what is a good lift eqivent to that same lift height. and why.
Old 07-02-2011, 07:54 PM   #2
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Everyone is going to tell you bilstein 5100's
Old 07-02-2011, 08:04 PM   #4
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by krimson View Post
Toytec OME 3"
OME

get them'z HID's ordered up?
Old 07-02-2011, 08:06 PM   #5
Banned
whippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shedwhippersnapper02 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Christian
whippersnapper02's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to whippersnapper02
Any non spacer lift is great.
Old 07-02-2011, 08:07 PM   #7
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by crf69 View Post
OME

get them'z HID's ordered up?
Yupppp, thanks for the help man!
Old 07-03-2011, 04:53 AM   #8
jastampke is on a distinguished road

Name: jason
jastampke's Tacoma Gallery
so why a non spacer type. is the ome a spacer type?
Old 07-03-2011, 05:04 AM   #9
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
its not ome is a great lift option probably one of the best for our trucks but, their are others to consider. such as pro comp this is what i have and even though i have not had it long i absolutely love it it flexes awesome and rides great i don't think its stiff at all. plus i got 4.5 inches of lift from it. it looks as if it will settle to about 4 inches so its a beefy looking kit with solid dependable performance.

my cv angles are actually pretty good no issues with this kit at all alot of guy's wheel the pis out of their pro comp lifts and i have not heard any reoccurring problem's or really any problems at all for that matter.

not sure if billstiens qualify as a true three inch lift, but those are a great way to get a 2.5 inch lift and still maintain a nice ride as well. search you will come up with something nice and affordable. if there is one thing tw is good for its info that will lead you to spend money lol.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:18 PM   #10
TacomaHog is on a distinguished road

Army: 1st Sqd LDR 3rd Plt, Bco 1-32 IN
Name: Tom
TacomaHog's Tacoma Gallery
I was looking at toytec and saw some decent 3in lifts and saw a diff drop option..... would this be something i need to buy to keep from messing up my working parts?
Old 07-03-2011, 03:20 PM   #11
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
its not ome is a great lift option probably one of the best for our trucks but, their are others to consider. such as pro comp this is what i have and even though i have not had it long i absolutely love it it flexes awesome and rides great i don't think its stiff at all. plus i got 4.5 inches of lift from it. it looks as if it will settle to about 4 inches so its a beefy looking kit with solid dependable performance.

my cv angles are actually pretty good no issues with this kit at all alot of guy's wheel the pis out of their pro comp lifts and i have not heard any reoccurring problem's or really any problems at all for that matter.

not sure if billstiens qualify as a true three inch lift, but those are a great way to get a 2.5 inch lift and still maintain a nice ride as well. search you will come up with something nice and affordable. if there is one thing tw is good for its info that will lead you to spend money lol.
Amen stunt man!
Old 07-03-2011, 03:21 PM   #12
Nothin
krimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shedkrimson is one of the sharper tools in the shed
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Spacers messes up the suspension geometry, you are causing the struts to work at an angle with spacers. If you are gonna get a lift, do it right at first.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:27 PM   #13
CopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shedCopDoctor is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement: Maximum Security Correctional Officer
CopDoctor's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jastampke View Post
so why a non spacer type. is the ome a spacer type?
see below. OME is not a spacer lift.

Quote:
Spacers messes up the suspension geometry, you are causing the struts to work at an angle with spacers. If you are gonna get a lift, do it right at first.
x2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacomaHog View Post
I was looking at toytec and saw some decent 3in lifts and saw a diff drop option..... would this be something i need to buy to keep from messing up my working parts?
it usually causes more problems than it fixes. get the lift first, if your cv axles are maxed out then you could look into a diff drop
Old 07-03-2011, 03:33 PM   #14
TacomaHog is on a distinguished road

Army: 1st Sqd LDR 3rd Plt, Bco 1-32 IN
Name: Tom
TacomaHog's Tacoma Gallery
Alright cool.... still new to this but a lift is a necessary mod. tired of loosing mud flaps
Old 07-03-2011, 03:37 PM   #16
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Any lift messes with the geometry....
Old 07-03-2011, 03:38 PM   #17
Nothin
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Any lift messes with the geometry....
YES, but not as bad as spacers........................................... ......
Old 07-03-2011, 03:42 PM   #18
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
YES, but not as bad as spacers........................................... ......
A 3" spacer can alter the geometry just as much as a 3" lift spring. Thats why different UCA's are used to correct the lost Caster. Now.,.....A Top Plate spacer lengthens the shock assembly, and can cause the suspension to over extend, thus causing breakage like the pic above. Preload spacers simply preload the OEM spring, giving lift, and a rough ride.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:44 PM   #19
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
toyotec pro comp ome billies or if you have the cion king icon fox and walker evans should also be on your short list.

blacktacoma23 turned me onto the pro comp lift and its awesome dude i got mine shipped form 4wheelparts.com for 490 shipped which ain't bad, but truckaddons.com has them for 397 shipped thats a smoking hot deal i even saw the full ome kit going for 780 shipped a few weeks back thats also a great deal.
Old 07-03-2011, 03:46 PM   #20
Nothin
krimson's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
A 3" spacer can alter the geometry just as much as a 3" lift spring. Thats why different UCA's are used to correct the lost Caster. Now.,.....A Top Plate spacer lengthens the shock assembly, and can cause the suspension to over extend, thus causing breakage like the pic above. Preload spacers simply preload the OEM spring, giving lift, and a rough ride.
Im still trying to learn... But since I've lifted my truck my ride really didn't go to shit, so that's why i thought when running stock struts with spacers preloads them causing the ride to shit (by doing that causes the suspension geometry to be off).. But thanks Chris for the info.