Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Initial setup for ICON/DR coilovers

Old 07-05-2011, 05:15 PM   #1
Desert Warrior
TX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to beholdTX RPO is a splendid one to behold

Air Force:
Name: SHANE
TX RPO's Tacoma Gallery
Initial setup for ICON/DR coilovers

I tried searching but couldn't find what I was looking for. I just bought a set of DR coilovers (which I heard are the same as ICON?) But eitherway, on the sleeve there is over 3" of threads. Now i'm just trying to make sure i'm understanding them correctly...

If I leave the adjustment ring at the top (stock height) then I will have "X" amount of down travel but almost no up travel correct?

If I set it up to where the adjustment ring is as far down as it can possibly go (whatever amount of lift that is) then I will have "X" amount of up travel and almost NO down travel right?

so how will I know where to set everything? plus i'm assuming i'll have to raise the drivers side to compensate for the "BRO lean" right?

I've also got the Camburg UCA's as well... NOTE: non of this is installed just yet but will be soon. Thanks

Shane
Old 07-05-2011, 05:27 PM   #2
Chewie is my Co-pilot
YumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYumaTRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
YumaTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Shane, Setting the coilovers at the stock setting will give you factory up and down travel. which is 4" each way and no lift from the Coilover.
Setting the coilovers to 3" of lift will reduce your down travel by 3" so your left with 1" of down travel.
But, 3" of thread does not equal 3" of lift, it will be a lot higher.
Old 07-05-2011, 08:43 PM   #3
06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold06RadiantRed is a splendid one to behold

Name: Ryan
06RadiantRed's Tacoma Gallery
What they said,

Also just a few things i learned while installing my Icons. Measure your before and after. Also, after you have adjusted your icons the first time. take it around the block and hit a few speed bumps if you can. Come back and remeasure. They have to settle in a bit from you jacking it up and dropping it back down. Wont be its true height untill you take it out of the driveway and back in.