Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Best price on Bilstein 5100's and Total Chaos UCA's and other Q's

Old 07-05-2011, 07:25 PM   #1
ChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

ChuckLee's Tacoma Gallery
Best price on Bilstein 5100's and Total Chaos UCA's and other Q's

So I am new to lifting. From what I am gathering, it is not wise to lift my truck with the bilstein 5100's without some good UCA's (Total Chaos). I also plan on on an AAL lift in rear along with the bilstein 5100's in rear.

Q1. Is this a good setup for safety/reliability (as my wife will be driving it) for highway driving.

Q2. Whats best price on these items currently?

Q3. Should i just take it in for alignment after installing parts or go in with numbers that I WANT them to adjust my alignment to?

Q4. If I need to go in with my own alignment number request, what's the best numbers on these parts for every day driving on highway, etc? I drive an 06 sr5 Tacoma DC 4x4 (NOT a trd).
Old 07-06-2011, 12:47 PM   #2
ChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedChuckLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

anyone have any pointers or recommendations for me?
Old 07-06-2011, 01:32 PM   #3
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckLee View Post
So I am new to lifting. From what I am gathering, it is not wise to lift my truck with the bilstein 5100's without some good UCA's (Total Chaos). I also plan on on an AAL lift in rear along with the bilstein 5100's in rear.

Q1. Is this a good setup for safety/reliability (as my wife will be driving it) for highway driving.
You do not need UCA's unless you're at the 2.5 setting and possibly at the 1.75 setting. The UCA's are to get your alignment within spec, not necessarily a safety concern although the truck can wander if alignment is out. At 0 or .85 settings you to not need new UCA's.

Q2. Whats best price on these items currently?
Do some looking, tough to say for sure but several vendors currently sell them including Wheelers, Downsouth Motorsports, Toytec... I believe Downsouth is usually one of the most competitive price wise.

Q3. Should i just take it in for alignment after installing parts or go in with numbers that I WANT them to adjust my alignment to?
Up to you... I just put mine back to within factory spec but I suppose you can tell them what you want, your call.

Q4. If I need to go in with my own alignment number request, what's the best numbers on these parts for every day driving on highway, etc? I drive an 06 sr5 Tacoma DC 4x4 (NOT a trd).
Not a clue, sorry... I just went for factory. When lifting using 5100's, once you get to 2.5 or sometimes the 1.75 setting, you can no longer get your caster back within spec (thus requiring new UCA's). I believe the caster should be above 2.0 (don't quote me on that though).
Good luck...
Old 07-06-2011, 07:42 PM   #4

I see I see.
Basically the UCA's are for caster adjustment.

My tacoma is really low at factory height. i can't handle it.

ANYONE HAVE PICS OF THEIR SR5 DOUBLE CAB 4x4 WITH A BILSTEIN 5100 LIFT AT 2.5" WITH A AAL LIFT IN REAR?

i would love to see what it will do.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:26 AM   #5

seems like Downsouth Motorsports is the best price at $300 shipped for set of 5100's
Old 07-08-2011, 07:39 AM   #6
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I see I see.
Basically the UCA's are for caster adjustment.

My tacoma is really low at factory height. i can't handle it.

ANYONE HAVE PICS OF THEIR SR5 DOUBLE CAB 4x4 WITH A BILSTEIN 5100 LIFT AT 2.5" WITH A AAL LIFT IN REAR?

i would love to see what it will do.
Search "5100", you will come up with more threads than you can count, lots of which contain pictures with various lift set-ups. Also, which AAL, there are several and they vary in the amount of lift provided.

Quote:
seems like Downsouth Motorsports is the best price at $300 shipped for set of 5100's
Downsouth guys have a great reputation on this site. Can't go wrong ordering from them!
Old 07-08-2011, 08:13 AM   #7
SoCal Reppin
iRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iRepLONGBEACH's Tacoma Gallery
its recommended you only need UCA's if planning on lifting the fronts to 2.5" +.Downsouth motorsports was the cheapest ive found also. Go here to get the discount code http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/107478-bilstein-5100-2nd-gens.html#post2049480
Old 07-08-2011, 01:56 PM   #8

Thanks guys!
I know I won't be towing big.....so with that said, maybe I should go with a block lift in the rear (2") instead of a AAL (2") that will stiffen my ride. Is that correct thinking? Any thoughts.....?
Old 07-08-2011, 02:54 PM   #9
SoCal Reppin
iRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iRepLONGBEACH's Tacoma Gallery
hmm..alot more people recommend the aal over blocks to lift the rear. i hear when using blocks to lift rear, you also get mad headaches for the trouble it has caused.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:06 PM   #10
TacoSID138 is a jewel in the roughTacoSID138 is a jewel in the roughTacoSID138 is a jewel in the rough

EMS:
Name: steven
TacoSID138's Tacoma Gallery
yea, giver you some horrible axle wrap. your better off witht he add a leaf.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:10 PM   #11
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
DSM is where I got my 5100's.
Old 07-08-2011, 03:54 PM   #12

Ok, i'll go with the AAL then. i don't want to invite problems!