Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

O.M.E. 3" lift installed today

Old 07-05-2011, 09:25 PM   #1
BAELKHNTR has a spectacular aura aboutBAELKHNTR has a spectacular aura about

Name: Bill
BAELKHNTR's Tacoma Gallery
O.M.E. 3" lift installed today

I had my Old Man Emu 3"suspensipn lift installed today. I am fortunate to live close to Toytec in Northglenn Colorado. I spent some time with them going over my expectations and potential needs and they gave me three choices, read price range. With David's help I decided on the OME suspension lift kit. I went with the 885 coils, top plate spacers and the 4X4 front Diff drop kit. For the rear it comes with the Toytec add-a-leaf and OME shocks. Toytec has the rear shocks on back order so we went with Bilstein 5100 shocks rather than wait for OME. We also went with the Light Racing Upper Control Arms so we can get full adjustment with the wheel alignment. I like the ride so far, the stock ride actually felt kind of soft, this set up has taken out some of the lean in mild turns.
Old 07-05-2011, 09:35 PM   #3
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
was just about to say......

but there are some.

Nice OP.
Old 07-06-2011, 10:14 AM   #4
GA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedGA_TACO4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

GA_TACO4x4's Tacoma Gallery

looks good op!
Old 07-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #5

Josh thanks for finding the picture, I don't under stand what went wrong when i tried to include it to the post . I'm not sure why it went so wide either. Computers aren't my strong point. I did get to take the truck on some washboard roads during a rain storm today and where it used to want to crab sideways it now tracks straight.
Old 07-06-2011, 05:55 PM   #6
Treedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Barry
Treedawg37's Tacoma Gallery
nice!. what made you go with OME vs the TOYTECH lift?
Old 07-06-2011, 06:42 PM   #7
Papas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedPapas Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Blue
Papas Taco's Tacoma Gallery
I wasn't aware of the fact that Toytec did installations also.
Mind if I ask how much the install was?
Old 07-06-2011, 07:46 PM   #8

I was looking for a set up for high country offroad use in the rocky mountains in fall and winter conditions. In researching the different brands on this forum as well as others I found that the OME seemed like a good choice for quality, reliablity, and functionality for the money. The Toytec is also very good but with the difference in cost between the OME and Toytec Ultimate I was able to get the OME installed. A guy who is a 15 year Toyota master mechanic has a shop next to Toytec did the install and he also likes the OME product line.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:49 PM   #9

The install was $494,and that included the wheel alignment and new upper control arm bolts.
Old 07-06-2011, 07:59 PM   #10
xSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shedxSectionxEightx is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
xSectionxEightx's Tacoma Gallery
Nice setup man
Old 07-06-2011, 08:04 PM   #11
scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip
crf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shedcrf69 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ryan
crf69's Tacoma Gallery
how you liking the ride OP?
Old 07-07-2011, 05:38 AM   #12
Treedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Barry
Treedawg37's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by BAELKHNTR View Post
I was looking for a set up for high country offroad use in the rocky mountains in fall and winter conditions. In researching the different brands on this forum as well as others I found that the OME seemed like a good choice for quality, reliablity, and functionality for the money. The Toytec is also very good but with the difference in cost between the OME and Toytec Ultimate I was able to get the OME installed. A guy who is a 15 year Toyota master mechanic has a shop next to Toytec did the install and he also likes the OME product line.
thanks for the info. i have decided on OME myself. and with the money saved vs toytech i can spring for the uca's too!
Old 07-07-2011, 06:52 PM   #13
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
What exact part number was the OME? I'm confused as I thought the OME's max out at 2" of lift.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:13 PM   #14

The toytec item number is OME-TAK-885TP...Complete OME suspension. When you order the kit from the web site it takes you through the options, and it says you need to order the top plate spacers to get 3" of lift. They also give you a choice of front coils to match your truck and front bumper. It actually gave me 3" of lift and sits level. The ride is stiffer but not uncomfortable, reducing body lean annd a feeling of better control.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:34 PM   #16
Indian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shedIndian Shifter is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Ashil
Indian Shifter's Tacoma Gallery
nice
Old 07-07-2011, 10:42 PM   #17
tacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacomtn is one of the sharper tools in the shed

tacomtn's Tacoma Gallery
so the ride is stiffer than stock? harsh on the hwy?
Old 07-08-2011, 12:48 PM   #19
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by tacomtn View Post
so the ride is stiffer than stock? harsh on the hwy?
Yes and kinda yes.

It's stiffer, but on large bumps it'll take the force far better. The trade off is that on small bumps it kinda feels like the Flintstone car.

I love my OME setup. (Don't have rear Dakars though. )
Old 07-12-2011, 06:57 PM   #20
CocoaBeachTacoma is on a distinguished road
Name: Greg
CocoaBeachTacoma's Tacoma Gallery

My 98 4Runner w/ 3 inch Revtek spacer lift. I no longer have the 4Runner, but I posted it because I wanted to compare. It had the 285/75/16 Toyo A/T tires, the same tires I am putting on my Tacoma this Friday.

Before 3" OEM suspension lift installation. Bought from Toytec btw... quick shipping.

I had the OEM lift installed at a local shop in Rockledge, FL off of US1 call Toylex. They are a Toyota & Lexus service shop. They have always done great work for me for the 3 years I have lived in Florida. Sorry, but had to plug them. They are great. Here's the picture. I'll post it with the new tires this Friday.