Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

What suspension lift to get??

Old 07-06-2011, 06:48 PM   #1
dmillertime is on a distinguished road

dmillertime's Tacoma Gallery
What suspension lift to get??

Fixin to go pick up my new to me 2004 tacoma trd sr5 4x4 tomorow or friday. I want to lift it all the way around no more than 2 inches. and want a suspension lift. What kits do you guys prefer or use? What all has to be done when lifting this truck as far as longer brake lines, extended 4wd shifter although I think its got buttons for 4wd. Not familular with a toyota cause I have never owned one so try and bear with me please. Any input or advise will be helopfull thanks!!!
Old 07-06-2011, 06:54 PM   #2
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
What kind of offroading do you do?
Old 07-07-2011, 03:08 PM   #3
dmillertime is on a distinguished road

dmillertime's Tacoma Gallery
Well I do a shit ton of hunting all year round but when it gets wet there is a few places on our farm that can get kinda rough. Nothin to bad I just want a lil lift with bout some 33"s Nothin to big cause I still want to get decent gas mileage. Also im not a big fan of body lift. I figure lift it and widen it a couple inches with some bigger tires itll be just what I need and look good to. Im lokin in he price range of 1k for new suspension. Almost everything I found was in the 500-1k range so what you recomened??
Old 07-07-2011, 03:12 PM   #4
TacoSID138 is a jewel in the roughTacoSID138 is a jewel in the roughTacoSID138 is a jewel in the rough

EMS:
Name: steven
TacoSID138's Tacoma Gallery
S E A R C H! Congrats on your first tacoma. 5100s all around they have three different settings. A add a leaf. And your set. You only need brake lines for 3+ inches of lift.
Old 07-07-2011, 03:25 PM   #5
Honey badger hits whatever tree he wants to hit!!
Honey badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shedHoney badger is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 99 Zulu
Name: Bon
Honey badger's Tacoma Gallery
Look at this place http://www.wheelersoffroad.com/ometaco.htm a complete front and rear lift for just over 1k. Most people on here will say OME, billys, or coilovers. Trust me I don't like body lifts either and being from south La I wheel in the same stuff you do. Scroll all the way down to see the complete kit.
Old 07-07-2011, 09:26 PM   #6
Master Jedi Member I am...
chad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to beholdchad68 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Chad
chad68's Tacoma Gallery
Hmmmm.

1. Register with TW.
2. Read and search nothing, not even Google.
3. Ask one of the top 3 questions that gets asked everyday.
4. Wait to get a ration of sheet for doing step 2 and 3.

Got it! Thanks.