Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear shock upper rear shock mount torque

Old 07-07-2011, 06:27 PM   #1
Facial bones colapse as I crack your skull in half
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: William
WTtoolman's Tacoma Gallery
Rear shock upper rear shock mount torque

I've been rearching and cannot find what the torque for the upper rear shock mount is supposed to be! I installed the 5100, Eibach, and rear AAL today and would really like to know. I managed to find torque specs for everything else, so I give up, what is it? Any help is greatly appreciated!!
Old 07-07-2011, 06:29 PM   #2
I'll eat all your food.
UndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedUndefinedTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Justin
UndefinedTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Tight then half turn snug

When in doubt ^
Old 07-07-2011, 08:42 PM   #5
Texoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shedTexoma is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: Machinist Mate NEC 4283
Name: Chris(Topher)
Texoma's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah 15 ft lbs if ya got a crows foot. Ya gotta be able to hold the shock piston rod in place to tighten it. What you can do to be safe is while it's jacked up tighten the bolt til you can see two or three threads showing, then lower your truck to the wheels and see if the bushings are compressed then it should be tight enough, but give it at least another half turn just to see how tight it is. 15 ft lbs isn't much, it's just a lil more than hand tight.
Old 07-07-2011, 08:43 PM   #6
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTtoolman View Post
I've been rearching and cannot find what the torque for the upper rear shock mount is supposed to be! I installed the 5100, Eibach, and rear AAL today and would really like to know. I managed to find torque specs for everything else, so I give up, what is it? Any help is greatly appreciated!!
You didn't torque the U bolts to 37 did you ?
Old 07-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #7
WTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shedWTtoolman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

No, I used common sense and just tightened them until snug. I wasn't worried about the nuts coming off because they come with a new nyloc nut. I just wanted to be on the safe side!
Old 07-07-2011, 08:53 PM   #8
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
No, I used common sense and just tightened them until snug. I wasn't worried about the nuts coming off because they come with a new nyloc nut. I just wanted to be on the safe side!
uh ..... ya ... me too , that's what I did . What kind of an idiot would simply beleive the Haynes and torque their U bolts to 37 .

Idiots
Old 07-07-2011, 08:54 PM   #9
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
"snug" is no good for the U bolts. Tighten them to 80ft-lbs or so.
Old 07-08-2011, 05:21 PM   #10

The U-bolts I torqued to the facory spec of 75 ft-lbs, it was the top ones that I "snugged."
Old 07-08-2011, 06:10 PM   #11

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The U-bolts I torqued to the facory spec of 75 ft-lbs, it was the top ones that I "snugged."
The FSM says 37 lbs , that's why I asked