Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME questions

Old 07-09-2011, 07:37 AM   #1
sctrd09 will become famous soon enough
sctrd09's Tacoma Gallery
OME questions

I am considering an ome kit but my question is what should i do as far as the rear lift option when buying the kit? I'm not going to be doing much serious offroading just mainly doing it for looks. Also if wanting to get a full 3" out of the front should i get the 885s with 1/2" spacer or could I just get the 886s without the spacer. My truck is an 09 dc.
Old 07-09-2011, 07:41 AM   #2
samsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant future

Name: George
samsung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sctrd09 View Post
I am considering an ome kit but my question is what should i do as far as the rear lift option when buying the kit? I'm not going to be doing much serious offroading just mainly doing it for looks. Also if wanting to get a full 3" out of the front should i get the 885s with 1/2" spacer or could I just get the 886s without the spacer. My truck is an 09 dc.
i just ordered the complete ome with the dakar leaf spring. i think that's the way to go even if you don't plan on hauling anything. the 886 coils is for a heavy front bumper and whinch combo. if you don't have the bumper and whinch i wouldn't go with 886's.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:03 AM   #3
Treedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Barry
Treedawg37's Tacoma Gallery
SUB"D......GETTING SAME SET UP
Old 07-09-2011, 08:07 AM   #4
sctrd09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsung View Post
i just ordered the complete ome with the dakar leaf spring. i think that's the way to go even if you don't plan on hauling anything. the 886 coils is for a heavy front bumper and whinch combo. if you don't have the bumper and whinch i wouldn't go with 886's.
So did you go with 885s and this spacer?
Old 07-09-2011, 08:28 AM   #5
Treedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shedTreedawg37 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Barry
Treedawg37's Tacoma Gallery
yes if you want full 3" lift. and not planning on front bumper and winch
Old 07-09-2011, 08:38 AM   #6
sctrd09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Treedawg37 View Post
yes if you want full 3" lift. and not planning on front bumper and winch
Alright thanks for the help
Old 07-09-2011, 08:55 AM   #8
sctrd09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I ordered the 886 b'c i have an arb and winch on mine.
Yea i see what you are saying. Any other thoughts on the rear options? Or do you think the dakars are a must too.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:02 AM   #9
samsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant futuresamsung has a brilliant future

Name: George
samsung's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by sctrd09 View Post
Yea i see what you are saying. Any other thoughts on the rear options? Or do you think the dakars are a must too.
the dakar is not a must, i went with the dakar b'c i read some threads in here with the aal flattening out after a while. but is really up to you and your budged. the dakar is kinda pricey, i just wanted to spend the money one time and not to have to jack with it again. i ordered mine ome from toytec, their shipping rates are much better than wheelers and also they have a coupon code you can use.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:28 AM   #10
sctrd09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
the dakar is not a must, i went with the dakar b'c i read some threads in here with the aal flattening out after a while. but is really up to you and your budged. the dakar is kinda pricey, i just wanted to spend the money one time and not to have to jack with it again. i ordered mine ome from toytec, their shipping rates are much better than wheelers and also they have a coupon code you can use.
Yea the price is what gets me with the dakars. But I have a white dc and I want to put 17" ballistic jesters on 285 70s. How do u think that'll look. Any other suggestions?
Old 07-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #11
Sprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSprink669 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Sprink669's Tacoma Gallery
I have the 886 coils and a ARB and a winch and the coils are still pretty stiff. I could not imagine it without the bumper and winch, it would rattle your teeth
Old 07-09-2011, 03:28 PM   #12
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
I ran the 886s without my AP bumper and winch for almost a year. It aint bad at all, and it didn't sag one bit.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:09 PM   #14
n00b
MJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMJonAgs32 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: MJ
MJonAgs32's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
now how old are your 886's? they have a new manufacturing process for those coils.
Got them 08/2008. And I just checked, I didn't get the AP bumper till 07/2010 and the winch til last month. So I was on them for a while with no extra weight.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:17 PM   #15
Resident Redneck
WhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shedWhiskeyDeltaTango is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Will
WhiskeyDeltaTango's Tacoma Gallery
I have an ARB and WARN on my 07 DC. I went full ome 886 and dakars. no spacers and i got over 3 inches of lift up front when i first installed them. I got mine from sierraexpeditions.com when they were running a 10% coupon. The price when i ordered was $986ish plus 10% off so i basically got free shipping. It may have gone up slightly since then
Old 07-09-2011, 08:33 PM   #17
kieth is on a distinguished road
kieth's Tacoma Gallery
the dakars are the only way to go in the rear and just get the 886s even if u dont have a winch bumper. the ride is firm and nice not teeth rattling
Old 07-09-2011, 09:39 PM   #18
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by kieth View Post
the dakars are the only way to go in the rear and just get the 886s even if u dont have a winch bumper. the ride is firm and nice not teeth rattling
Why would you get 886's with no intention of running a steel bumper and winch ?
Old 07-09-2011, 10:00 PM   #19
kieth is on a distinguished road
kieth's Tacoma Gallery
cause if later on down the road u decide to get a winch and bumper or even a front hitch and plan on using a winch your covered.