LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

The 6" Pro Comp thread:

Old 07-09-2011, 09:20 AM   #1
MattDubs has a spectacular aura aboutMattDubs has a spectacular aura aboutMattDubs has a spectacular aura about

MattDubs's Tacoma Gallery
The 6" Pro Comp thread:

I did a few searches and couldn't find another thread that answered my questions, If only there were as many threads about 6" lift issues as there are about Plasti-crap.

Anyway, I was just curious... Anyone else with a 6" PC lift on a 2nd Gen. a having issues?

Me: I have tie-rod ends rubbing on my wheels, and sway bar links rubbing on my tires. Tires rubbing on inner fender wells. my wheels and tires are the recommended BS and height/width etc. as stated by Pro Comp, yet I still have these issues.

Im wondering if spacers will help or be a waste? Anyone else?
Old 07-09-2011, 09:49 AM   #2
MattDubs has a spectacular aura aboutMattDubs has a spectacular aura aboutMattDubs has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by tacoridinhigh View Post
Try asking your question in this thread
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-pictures.html

So, just to be clear, you have a 17" wheel with 4.5" backspacing and 33s/35s?

I wanted to start this thread to see if there were any other issues with the PC 6" lift kit. Not just the one I have. But, yes my wheels are 17x9 - 4.5 bs and 315's

I read through that other thread a few times, lots of cool pics and a few others asking the same question as me but with no real answers...
Old 07-09-2011, 11:21 PM   #3
lvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedlvlytaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Allan
lvlytaco's Tacoma Gallery
while building my set up i was always worried about the issues u have now. spacers should fix ur problem.

btw what are the offset of the rims, they should be included in the equation not just the backspacing of the rim
Old 07-12-2011, 10:07 AM   #4

-6mm I believe.

I also noticed the swaybar is rubbing on the spring on the pass. side.

I bought my truck from a friend before he shipped out and wasnt around for the lift install but I can't wait to pull this lift and get started on my LT set up.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:04 PM   #5
RebelSkum is on a distinguished road

RebelSkum's Tacoma Gallery
I've seen somewhere in here about 17" rims rubbing on the tie-rod with the 6" pro comp lift and sure enough mine did - luckily it was caught before leaving the shop and I got the 18" rims at no charge.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:47 PM   #6

nice catch! I have some serious issues with rubbing, have some spacers on deck but havnet had a day off to put them on. hopefully it solves the issue.
Old 07-25-2011, 09:59 PM   #7
aka Frank Gallagher...
Jay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shedJay238 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Jay
Jay238's Tacoma Gallery
DO you have the stage 1 kit or stage 2 (coilovers)?
Old 12-17-2011, 02:35 PM   #8
JstreetS will become famous soon enoughJstreetS will become famous soon enough

Name: Jay
JstreetS's Tacoma Gallery
Got my procomp installed! Check out my build thread...here is a teaser pic:

Products Discussed in this Thread