Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

OME 884's on the way!

Old 10-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #1
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

slimcubby's Tacoma Gallery
OME 884's on the way!

I ended up getting the 884's and will be getting them in the mail shortly...

I was debating on painting or powder coating them for a different look. Anybody suggest some ideas as to what way I should do it? Color? etc?

Thanks!!
Old 10-16-2008, 11:06 AM   #2
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimcubby View Post

I was debating on painting or powder coating them for a different look. Anybody suggest some ideas as to what way I should do it? Color? etc?

Thanks!!
Red.

I ordered the adjustable coilovers from ToyTec and I like the fact that the springs are red. However, I also ordered the TC UCAs - I wonder how the grey and blue UCAs will go with the red springs... Guess we'll see!

But, I vote RED for you.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:25 AM   #4
slimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant futureslimcubby has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk8272 View Post
I was about to pm you and see what you decided. Can't wait to see it. I had the idea to install shock boots after I installed the springs, so if you want do it now boots are only 6 bucks.
What are shock boots?
Old 10-16-2008, 11:55 AM   #6

Oh I have the 5100's so I don't mind them since there silver.
Old 10-16-2008, 01:11 PM   #8
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:

Thanks!!
Congrates!!!
Have them powdercoated. Its more durable, and I belive there are kits that allow you to do it at home.
http://www.nationsautoelectric.com/powdercoat.html
Old 10-16-2008, 07:22 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Congrates!!!
Have them powdercoated. Its more durable, and I belive there are kits that allow you to do it at home.
http://www.nationsautoelectric.com/powdercoat.html
Hmm that sounds interesting! I like the idea. How much do you think it could cost to get them done somewhere? Vs. buying this machine?
Old 10-16-2008, 07:44 PM   #10
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Hmm that sounds interesting! I like the idea. How much do you think it could cost to get them done somewhere? Vs. buying this machine?
I dont know. It may be a little cheaper, but if you but the machine, imagine everything that you could powder coat! You could be the "In house TW Powder Coater".

FWIW, A buddy of mine bought one of those things and went on a powdercaoting spree. Wheels, parts, whatever.
Old 10-16-2008, 08:43 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
I dont know. It may be a little cheaper, but if you but the machine, imagine everything that you could powder coat! You could be the "In house TW Powder Coater".

FWIW, A buddy of mine bought one of those things and went on a powdercaoting spree. Wheels, parts, whatever.
Haha you have a good point there! I could do powdercoating for peeps to pay for the thing. Also did your friend buy this same one?
Old 10-16-2008, 09:01 PM   #12

I just realized I would need a darn oven to bake them in afterwards and it specifically says to use a non food oven... Unless I can find someone locally that has an oven I could use lol.
Old 10-16-2008, 09:22 PM   #14

Quote:
It is a simple spray on and bake. Very easy and very nice. Tuff as hell to.
Yea but can you bake it in the kitchen oven? Or would that be a health hazard?
Old 10-16-2008, 10:00 PM   #17

Blah I will just leave them black... lol I don't want to have them chip and look crappy after a few hundred miles etc. Also if they start to show some rust after install is that ok? Or if that starts to happen should I take them off sand the rust and reclear coat them?
Old 10-16-2008, 10:16 PM   #19

Quote:
I don't think you will have any problems they are as good as the stock. I haven't had mine chip yet, or show any rust, and they have been in salt water and mud.
Nice! Lets just say they do since I live by the ocean and it happens... would I need to worry that it would get worse? Or is a little rust no biggy?

Also, do you think I will be pretty level or at least higher than my current 5100 2.5" setting without the top spacers?

Thanks!