Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Rear Suspension Help!

Old 07-10-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
diapsalmata is on a distinguished road

diapsalmata's Tacoma Gallery
Rear Suspension Help!

Alright, i've been wanting to level my truck for a while now but something occurred to me this weekend. Towing my dad's boat with some extra camping gear in the bed made the truck look really sagged. I was just going to buy 5100's all around, and set the front at 1.75" to level it out, then put on some 265/75's. If the truck already looks sagged without the leveling, it's gonna look even worse afterwards.

Do Add-A-Leafs give you better load capacity? I don't want to add more than 1" in the rear, and also want to retain decent off-roading ability. I was told Hellwig's and other overload springs can bend your stock leaf pack while off-roading.

With 1.75" of lift in the front, at most I want to lift the rear 1". With hopes of the truck sitting level, or just slightly nose high while hauling a load.

Any suggestions?

I would generally want a bigger lift, but i don't have the budget to throw in a diff-drop, upper control arms, and stuff like that. Just shocks/coils/leafs will have to do it for me.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:20 PM   #2
SoCal Reppin
iRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iRepLONGBEACH's Tacoma Gallery
i hear when u get the rear tsb done, it will sit 1" higher than stock in rear once it settles.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:21 PM   #3
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by diapsalmata View Post
Alright, i've been wanting to level my truck for a while now but something occurred to me this weekend. Towing my dad's boat with some extra camping gear in the bed made the truck look really sagged. I was just going to buy 5100's all around, and set the front at 1.75" to level it out, then put on some 265/75's. If the truck already looks sagged without the leveling, it's gonna look even worse afterwards.

Do Add-A-Leafs give you better load capacity? I don't want to add more than 1" in the rear, and also want to retain decent off-roading ability. I was told Hellwig's and other overload springs can bend your stock leaf pack while off-roading.

With 1.75" of lift in the front, at most I want to lift the rear 1". With hopes of the truck sitting level, or just slightly nose high while hauling a load.

Any suggestions?

I would generally want a bigger lift, but i don't have the budget to throw in a diff-drop, upper control arms, and stuff like that. Just shocks/coils/leafs will have to do it for me.
I don't know of any aals that lift only 1". They are mostly 1.5"-2".
Old 07-10-2011, 12:21 PM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRepLONGBEACH View Post
i hear when u get the rear tsb done, it will sit 1" higher than stock in rear once it settles.
Yes but he is well outside the 3 year warranty for TSB work.
Old 07-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #5
SoCal Reppin
iRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shediRepLONGBEACH is one of the sharper tools in the shed

iRepLONGBEACH's Tacoma Gallery
oic. well ya, i guess the 1.5" aal will still give a good stance with 5100s @ 1.75 up front
Old 07-10-2011, 12:28 PM   #6
diapsalmata is on a distinguished road

diapsalmata's Tacoma Gallery
If i set the 5100's to 2.5" will i have to get UCA's and a diff-drop, or can i trust that everything stays reliable without any mods?
Old 07-10-2011, 12:30 PM   #7
sees what you did there.

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by diapsalmata View Post
If i set the 5100's to 2.5" will i have to get UCA's and a diff-drop, or can i trust that everything stays reliable without any mods?
Diff drops are useless on 2nd gens. At 2.5" it will be hit or miss with stock ucas