Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Um... Did I forget to order somthing?

Old 10-16-2008, 01:27 PM   #2
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Yeah i believe those are spacers and you do not need them the bottom setup is all you need how much you pick them up for?
Old 10-16-2008, 01:33 PM   #3
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Yeah i believe those are spacers and you do not need them the bottom setup is all you need how much you pick them up for?
$429. That and the struts from DownSouth motorsports were about $200 cheaper than buying the assembled ones up top for $799.

So, if that is just the spacer that I don't need, what piece comprises the other end of the spring to keep it compressed?

Old 10-16-2008, 02:01 PM   #5
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason_Wilkerson View Post
$429. That and the struts from DownSouth motorsports were about $200 cheaper than buying the assembled ones up top for $799.

So, if that is just the spacer that I don't need, what piece comprises the other end of the spring to keep it compressed?

You use the original top plate that is on the truck.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:04 PM   #6
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chris 4x4 is correct, the disc looking things are the c clips thats what your going to use to put it at the hieght you want you can see on the shock there are 3 lines thats where they would go.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:11 PM   #9
NorCal Rock Whore
Killer Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shedKiller Red Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Whatsurname
Killer Red Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalman22 View Post
Chris 4x4 is correct, the disc looking things are the c clips thats what your going to use to put it at the hieght you want you can see on the shock there are 3 lines thats where they would go.
No the c clip are on the shock in that pic and the round plate are what the spring sit on. If your going to use what toytec sent then you shouldn't need the bilstein plates.
Old 10-16-2008, 02:35 PM   #10
Founder Socaltacomas.com

You are correct red taco i thought he was asking whats it for i miss read.
Old 10-16-2008, 03:59 PM   #11
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy: '83-'87 Hull Tech.
Name: Richard
Ridingontrd's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via Yahoo to Ridingontrd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Red Taco View Post
No the c clip are on the shock in that pic and the round plate are what the spring sit on. If your going to use what toytec sent then you shouldn't need the bilstein plates.
The c-clip goes on the bottom setting.You do use the plate.The ToyTec collars sit on that.In regards to the top pic,it's not a spacer.It just looks better then the stock coil assembly top.(Double check w/Neubes.)
Old 10-16-2008, 05:17 PM   #12
Can you pass the bailout please?
LonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedLonghornTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jason
LonghornTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
The c-clip goes on the bottom setting.You do use the plate.The ToyTec collars sit on that.In regards to the top pic,it's not a spacer.It just looks better then the stock coil assembly top.(Double check w/Neubes.)
So, to be clear, I don't have to use the coil assembly top off my truck to assemble the new strut and coil or do I?
Old 10-16-2008, 05:22 PM   #13
Ridingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shedRidingontrd is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
So, to be clear, I don't have to use the coil assembly top off my truck to assemble the new strut and coil or do I?
You re-install the top.(I have the same coil over you have)$$ for the install is my hold up.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:25 PM   #14
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridingontrd View Post
You re-install the top.(I have the same coil over you have)$$ for the install is my hold up.
Install it yourself? Take the spring/shock to a place with a spring compressor and have them put it together for ya. SHould cost about $20.00 per side. Then take it home and re install.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:26 PM   #17

Quote:
Do you know if I can buy a new "assembly top" for the new coil and strut? I wanted to keep the factory coil and strut together if I could.

Side note - is "assembly top" the right term for it?
You can buy it from the Toyota dealer. Its a Top plate with the studs. From the dealer, its probably $50.00 per side. Not sure where else you can get them.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:29 PM   #19

Quote:
Wonder if I can buy the "fancier" one from ToyTec...
Good idea! Give them a call and see.
Old 10-16-2008, 05:32 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Install it yourself? Take the spring/shock to a place with a spring compressor and have them put it together for ya. SHould cost about $20.00 per side. Then take it home and re install.
Where i live (condo) the hoa would have my a$$.lol,I'm also waiting on funds to order the uniball for my tc's. Have this done all at once.