Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Places in NJ/NYC area that deal in off-road or suspension parts for a Tacoma?

Old 07-10-2011, 07:54 PM   #1
Very Nice !
packfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud of

packfan88's Tacoma Gallery
Places in NJ/NYC area that deal in off-road or suspension parts for a Tacoma?

When I lived in Atlanta, there were a few places that were dedicated to selling products for trucks. More specifically for off-road truck with things like suspension parts, wheels and tires, wenches, bumpers, skid plates, ect ect ect. Here in the metro NYC area, there isnt much of an off-road culture so the shop like that arent around. If they actually install some of the things they sell, that would be even better. If i have to pay someone to put on some parts i cant do myself, Id rather it be someone in the off-road industry rather than some snapper head worknig at the dealership who is just r&R parts and doing oil changes next.

Does anyone know of a place within (lets say 75 miles) of Manhattan? I would be willing to take a day trip on a Saturday and go check them.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:41 PM   #3
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
search around this section maybe?
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/north-east/
Old 07-10-2011, 09:50 PM   #4
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
x2 def order online the savings could be major as compared to going to a brick and mortar store for the components.

i had a shop install my set-up though i went to ok auto and 4x4 and while their name sounds not to reassuring the building and the fact they have been in business for over 20 years is nice.

that and they only work on 4x4's thats it there store is pretty cool as well. they are in stewartsville nj i would call it central jersey. good luck
Old 07-11-2011, 05:16 AM   #5
Chris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shedChris(NJ) is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Law Enforcement:
Name: Chris
Chris(NJ)'s Tacoma Gallery
What is it that you're looking to purchase/install?
Old 07-11-2011, 05:59 AM   #6
Sheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shedSheppymach is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sheppy
Sheppymach's Tacoma Gallery
http://ok4wd.com
Old 07-12-2011, 03:48 AM   #7
Very Nice !
packfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud ofpackfan88 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris(NJ) View Post
What is it that you're looking to purchase/install?
nothing in particular, but a place to lok at cool stuff and save up to buy.
Old 07-12-2011, 07:26 AM   #8
99ways2die is one of the sharper tools in the shed99ways2die is one of the sharper tools in the shed99ways2die is one of the sharper tools in the shed99ways2die is one of the sharper tools in the shed99ways2die is one of the sharper tools in the shed99ways2die is one of the sharper tools in the shed99ways2die is one of the sharper tools in the shed99ways2die is one of the sharper tools in the shed99ways2die is one of the sharper tools in the shed99ways2die is one of the sharper tools in the shed99ways2die is one of the sharper tools in the shed
99ways2die's Tacoma Gallery
OK4WD has plenty of eye candy in the shop, and usually in the parking lot.

No matter who pulls into their lot they're mostly never the tallest or "baddest" truck there.
Old 07-12-2011, 05:34 PM   #9
Very Nice !

Quote:
Originally Posted by 99ways2die View Post
OK4WD has plenty of eye candy in the shop, and usually in the parking lot.

No matter who pulls into their lot they're mostly never the tallest or "baddest" truck there.

where is that located?
Old 07-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #10
Very Nice !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
Then it's time for you to come to some meets. Your not going to find any specific Tacoma 4x4 shops and at all the meets I have been to there has been a vast amount of modded trucks.

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...ml#post3266294

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...ml#post3346145

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...ml#post3398920

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/nor...ml#post3366256

Ill be at 3 of them for sure.
the first one i dont know what it is.

the pineland one sounds cool....but im going night blue fishing out of Brielle that night.

the third one i dont know what it is.

the july 24th one......from the 21st to the 24th i am vending at an italian festival in hoboken. i print/sell tshirts.
Old 07-14-2011, 05:35 AM   #11
99ways2die is one of the sharper tools in the shed99ways2die is one of the sharper tools in the shed99ways2die is one of the sharper tools in the shed99ways2die is one of the sharper tools in the shed99ways2die is one of the sharper tools in the shed99ways2die is one of the sharper tools in the shed99ways2die is one of the sharper tools in the shed99ways2die is one of the sharper tools in the shed99ways2die is one of the sharper tools in the shed99ways2die is one of the sharper tools in the shed99ways2die is one of the sharper tools in the shed
99ways2die's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by packfan88 View Post
where is that located?
Rt.57 in Stewartsville, NJ; not too far off exit 4 off Rt.78
(check their web site for details)

Side note:
As some1 wrote above-no Toyota dedicated shop(s) in NJ that I know of either - so dont drive for 2 hours thinking you'll see everything there is to see for your truck. They (like everyone else) can get stuff in, and certainly have the expertiese to install/etc all this stuff - but they're definitelly not "toy heaven."