Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Building lift kit from different components???

Old 07-10-2011, 07:59 PM   #1
2girlsdad is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
2girlsdad's Tacoma Gallery
Building lift kit from different components???

I don't want to ask a question that's been asked before, so I have looked and searched but not found exactly what I'm looking for. I have a 2011 4x4 double cab, and want to lift 4-6" so I can fit 33's to 34's. I almost ordered a Fabtech lift this weekend, but I really think I want Alcan springs in the rear. So if I do that, what would I need to lift the front? I hate to buy a Fabtech and not use a lot of the parts. I thought about Icon or some other coilover for front lift, but what else do I need to buy for the front and what else to finish up the lift? I know I'll need a drop bracket, but other than that, I don't know. I've never had a lifted vehicle before, so this is new to me.
Old 07-10-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
ɔoɯq
BMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shedBMOC is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Paden
BMOC's Tacoma Gallery
order the kit and the alcans then sell the left overs?
Old 07-11-2011, 08:48 AM   #3
4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed4RunnerSeth is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Navy:
4RunnerSeth's Tacoma Gallery
Send a message via AIM to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via MSN to 4RunnerSeth Send a message via Yahoo to 4RunnerSeth
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2girlsdad View Post
I don't want to ask a question that's been asked before, so I have looked and searched but not found exactly what I'm looking for. I have a 2011 4x4 double cab, and want to lift 4-6" so I can fit 33's to 34's. I almost ordered a Fabtech lift this weekend, but I really think I want Alcan springs in the rear. So if I do that, what would I need to lift the front? I hate to buy a Fabtech and not use a lot of the parts. I thought about Icon or some other coilover for front lift, but what else do I need to buy for the front and what else to finish up the lift? I know I'll need a drop bracket, but other than that, I don't know. I've never had a lifted vehicle before, so this is new to me.
To go anything above 3" you will need a drop bracket lift, so you will need to get a full kit like the fabtech or procomp. The only thing you would not be using from the kit if you go with alcans is the big block in the back. The block sucks anyways.
Old 07-11-2011, 01:32 PM   #4
2girlsdad is on a distinguished road
Name: Chris
2girlsdad's Tacoma Gallery
Gotcha, that's sort of what I thought I would have to do. Just didn't know if I could buy springs, coilovers, and then the drop brackets and any other little parts from different suppliers to get good quality all the way around. Guess I'll bite the bullet and buy a kit.