LSC15's 95 Tacoma 4x4

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

looking to upgrade from procomp lift

Old 07-11-2011, 11:42 AM   #1
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
looking to upgrade from procomp lift

Hey guys,

I have a procomp lift on my truck and running 285 nittos. I bought the truck used with the lift already on it so I honestly dont know a lot about It. I do know it rides stiff and I have rubbing issues at full turn when backing up. I did some trimming but still have issues. I am looking to improve ride quality and have no plans to add armor or anything up front. My question is, what shock and coil combo would be best to add another half inch to the front and improve comfort. Im ordering new UCA's regardless. I'm just not sure which set up would be best. 5100s or OMEs for shocks, and either OME or Eibach for coils. OR go with the Icon extended coil over. Obviously that will be the more expensive route. Again, I'm just looking to add another half an inch to the front to bring nose up level/just a tad high, and improve ride quality. Any input is appreciated. I've read through the threads and understood some of it, but I'm still new to the suspension. I know 886s are for armor, so 885s? Or even lower? Help me out guys. Too much info for me. Lol

Edit: what about OME 884s with the spacer plate and 5100s.. or without the spacer plate and 5100s set at the lowest setting?
Old 07-11-2011, 09:10 PM   #2
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
x2 lose the sway bar if its not already gone it makes a huge improvement both on road and off. i have the pro comp lift as well and i love it. its pretty solid man you could do alot worse for 3 inch lifts i guess.

if i read your post correctly and your wanting to go higher you will need a drop bracket to keep your cv angles from self destructing and other goodies from imploding as well. pro comp fabtech and rcd make drop brackets but they are pricey and you have more ground clearance with the 3 inch and 33's then you do with a 6 inch and 35's.
Old 07-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #4
"I'd Rather Live, Than Live Forever"
Moose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shedMoose1988 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Josh
Moose1988's Tacoma Gallery
Thanks guys.. I was actually going to take my sway bar off this last weekend, but was worried with the pro comp lift, that I woukd blow out a shock and or have even more rubbing issues. The lift isnt bad, I just wanted like a half an Inch more maybe just to raise the nose. It's not a must, just figured it would look a little better. I was thinking of the OME kit, but there's so many different shocks and coils to choose from. It's overwhelming. Lol. I'll start with the sway bar removal and go from there I guess. Thanks again for the feed back.

Products Discussed in this Thread