Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

TELL ME WHERE I AM WRONG...I speak for many NEW GUYS to lifting

Old 01-25-2013, 09:11 PM   #41
calebm12 is on a distinguished road

calebm12's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
No, it does not but Toyota will obviously not warranty the aftermarket parts. Where it gets tricky is say if your wheel bearings or needle bearing goes out while still under warranty. The dealership will point at the lift and say that's what caused the premature failure even though it may not be the case.

In short, it won't void the warranty but could make getting certain driveline parts warrantied more of a fight.
Many thanks!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:57 AM   #42
Get Some
wheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shedwheresmikeys is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Michael
wheresmikeys's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
No, it does not but Toyota will obviously not warranty the aftermarket parts. Where it gets tricky is say if your wheel bearings or needle bearing goes out while still under warranty. The dealership will point at the lift and say that's what caused the premature failure even though it may not be the case.

In short, it won't void the warranty but could make getting certain driveline parts warrantied more of a fight.

Yes. I have 37,777 miles on my 08 and an OME lift. My needle bearing is humming. Guess what? They are giving me grief about my aftermarket suspension. To which I replied that EVERY toyota I have owned ( 83 pick up; 85 pickup; 86 4Runner; 83 LC; 88 LC; 98 Tacoma; 07 Tundra; and 08 Tacoma) have all had after market suspensions with NO PROBLEMS EVER.