Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

who wheels there 6in lft?

Old 07-12-2011, 02:45 PM   #1
hard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shedhard2kill is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: John
hard2kill's Tacoma Gallery
who wheels there 6in lft?

this post is only for the guys that HAVE and WHEEL there 2nd gen tacomas with a 6in lift....

i know the negatives so please no debates on whats better....

how is the up and down travel? as far as skids do you have any?
any problems with cv's,shafts etc....running a 34,35in tire ?
which 6in do you run,are you happy,and why......

i know the db lowers the front clearence but its no worse then if you had a strait axel up there....i want more center clearence,better approch and departure angles...and clearence for 35's with the trimming i already have done

the benifits would be awsome for offroading as long as the parts from the lifts are strong enough... thanx for the input guys
Old 07-12-2011, 02:51 PM   #2
4Runner Pilot
YFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shedYFZ_TRD is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Lee
YFZ_TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by hard2kill View Post
i know the db lowers the front clearence but its no worse then if you had a strait axel up there....i want more center clearence,better approch and departure angles...and clearence for 35's with the trimming i already have done
False. You need to do more research and thinking. A solid axle moves out of the way as the tires climb over something. The Douche Bracket stays low and runs into stuff.