Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Anyone buy/install OME 885 coils recently?

Old 07-13-2011, 07:09 AM   #1
Cogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Justin
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Anyone buy/install OME 885 coils recently?

Looking to put a new set of coils on my DC-LB v6, no extra weight.
I've sent many PM's to vendors, as well as people using the coils; however, every height someone tells me, conflicts with the next person.

Not to throw anyone under the bus, but I'll give you my sources for the 885 coils alone:
Toytec says 2 - 2.25".
Wheelers says 1.75".
Downsouth Motorsports says 2.75".
Various members/posts say a bit less than 3".

All sources above were informed that these would be on a DC-LB V6, with no additional weight/bumpers/etc..

An accurate height is critical in my choice between the 884/885 coils. So if anyone has recently installed either the 884/885 coil, and could let me know what they are getting for height, it would be greatly appreciated. It is my understanding the the coils were changed, which is why the heights are so different? So I am looking for recent install heights.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:12 AM   #2
I've done... questionable things.
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Peter North
OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
I installed the new 885x coils without a top spacer and got 2 1/2" after settling on my DCLB 4x4 .
Old 07-13-2011, 07:15 AM   #3
Rhum.
RugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRugbyTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT-B
Name: Paul
RugbyTaco's Tacoma Gallery
This thread has a few pics of guys with 884s
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...pring-tsb.html
This one has some good info
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...ouble-cab.html

If you want as close to as possible to 3" go for the 885s
Old 07-13-2011, 07:21 AM   #4
--- --- --- - ----
LEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shedLEX is one of the sharper tools in the shed

LEX's Tacoma Gallery
I just installed 885x with a 1/2" top plate spacer. I'm just under 3" and I have an ARB bumper with no winch.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:31 AM   #5
Cogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by OZ-T View Post
I installed the new 885x coils without a top spacer and got 2 1/2" after settling on my DCLB 4x4 .
Checked out your build, very nice, and I liked the stance. That Dakar leaf pack, is that the 2.75" lift one? I was looking at the Icon 1.5" 3 leaf progressive, and keeping the overload, and the tsb leaf in. Hopefully the would be enough height for the rear. (7 total)
Old 07-13-2011, 07:32 AM   #6
OZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shedOZ-T is one of the sharper tools in the shed

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cogge89 View Post
Checked out your build, very nice, and I liked the stance. That Dakar leaf pack, is that the 2.75" lift one? I was looking at the Icon 1.5" 3 leaf progressive, and keeping the overload, and the tsb leaf in. Hopefully the would be enough height for the rear. (7 total)
Thanks

Yes , I have the Dakars and they lifted the rear exactly 2 3/4"
Old 07-13-2011, 07:56 AM   #8
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
That's a good set-up for the rear (without replacing the leaf pack). I'm running the same set-up and gained just under 2" with the weight of the cap and tools in the bed. They handle loads pretty well also.
Old 07-13-2011, 07:58 AM   #9
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
The new springs are labeled with an X after them. This just means they are scragged from the factory to eliminate/greatly diminish sagging.

You should get just under 2.75" from 885 and nothing up front.
Old 07-13-2011, 08:03 AM   #10

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ag4892 View Post
OZ,
Looked at one picture of your truck but ended up scrolling through your 'Canadian Girls' pics
I do what I can

Old 07-13-2011, 08:07 AM   #11

Firefighter:
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
That's a good set-up for the rear (without replacing the leaf pack). I'm running the same set-up and gained just under 2" with the weight of the cap and tools in the bed. They handle loads pretty well also.
Good to hear. I'm running just the tsb, with firestone airbags.. But it is rather bouncy to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
The new springs are labeled with an X after them. This just means they are scragged from the factory to eliminate/greatly diminish sagging.

You should get just under 2.75" from 885 and nothing up front.
My LR UCA's are on the way, so I should be fine with that as long as I can get enough lift in the rear to not be nose high.
Old 07-13-2011, 09:36 AM   #12
Resident Jackass
Krazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shedKrazie Sj is one of the sharper tools in the shed

EMS: EMT - Alberta Health Services - Olds
Name: Power Serge
Krazie Sj's Tacoma Gallery
You shouldn't be nose high. It should be dead even. I don't have dakars in the back, but I have 886's with the ARB and it's straight across the board.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:19 AM   #13

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
You'll get 2 3/4" to begin with and it will settle to 2 1/2" with the 885x coils
Old 07-13-2011, 10:23 AM   #14

Firefighter:
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
I appreciate the input everyone, I've decided I will go with the 885x after all, since I snagged the LR UCA in the group buy. Just waiting on Downsouth Motorsports to get the Icon progressive AAL in stock.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:24 AM   #15

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I appreciate the input everyone, I've decided I will go with the 885x after all, since I snagged the LR UCA in the group buy. Just waiting on Downsouth Motorsports to get the Icon progressive AAL in stock.
What shocks are you gonna use ?
Old 07-13-2011, 10:25 AM   #17

Firefighter:
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
5100s on 0
Old 07-13-2011, 10:26 AM   #18

OZ-T's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krazie Sj View Post
Lies! You'll get 2 6-8" and it'll settle to 2 2/4".
Damn metric !!
Old 07-13-2011, 10:27 AM   #19
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
There's a member selling the Icon AAL kit right now and a bit cheaper than DSM.
Old 07-13-2011, 10:29 AM   #20

Firefighter:
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pugga View Post
There's a member selling the Icon AAL kit right now and a bit cheaper than DSM.
Yeah, I was checking that out. I get nervous about private sales, but I'm seriously considering it.