Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

New front coils or not?

Old 07-13-2011, 11:07 AM   #1
Jims11TRD is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
Jims11TRD's Tacoma Gallery
New front coils or not?

I'm going to be ordering the 3in toytec kit. What are the benefits of getting the new coil springs instead of using the factory the factory ones? My truck is mainly gonna be on road. Thanks for the input. The price diff is only 70.00 and just want to know if its worth it and what the benefits would be.
Old 07-14-2011, 11:01 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims11TRD View Post
I'm going to be ordering the 3in toytec kit. What are the benefits of getting the new coil springs instead of using the factory the factory ones? My truck is mainly gonna be on road. Thanks for the input. The price diff is only 70.00 and just want to know if its worth it and what the benefits would be.
A link to the exact kits you are considering would be helpful.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:59 AM   #3
Jims11TRD is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
Jims11TRD's Tacoma Gallery
This apple computer I am using is making my life hell, I cant figure it out to save my life! The 2 kits are on the toytec website and the 3in without coils is 229 and with is 299. I think they are the same kit just one has coils. I'm gonna add the diff drop kit as well. Sorry about that, new computer and still trying to figure it out.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:47 AM   #4
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Neither will provide that good of a ride if they don't come with new shocks that are valved to dampen either the stiffer spring, or the preload the spacer will put on your stock coils.