Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Props to All-Pro Offroad

Old 10-17-2008, 01:35 PM   #1
Living vicariously through myself
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Milton Juevos Portimous II
mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Thumbs up Props to All-Pro Offroad

I just received a call from Jon Bundrant at All-Pro. My broken UCA woes got back to him and he tracked me down for some additional information. The long and short of it is this:

He wants my parts back to investigate the cause of the failure. If there's a way to improve the product or production process through this, it'll be done. They definitely stand behind their products and, in his words, he's wants to make this right.

It's refreshing to see a company go out of their way to make sure the products are quality and the customer is happy. I'll keep this thread updated as I have news.

-Mike
Old 10-17-2008, 01:36 PM   #2
Low and slow
dually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the sheddually is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army: 14S
dually's Tacoma Gallery
Thats some great customer service!
Old 10-17-2008, 01:37 PM   #3
Founder Socaltacomas.com
SocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shedSocalMan22 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Steve-0
SocalMan22's Tacoma Gallery
Thats cool investigate what they can do to make their products better. Good stuff all pro!
Old 10-17-2008, 01:37 PM   #4
Custom Tacoma bumpers & more for your offroad toy
RelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelentlessTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Eric
RelentlessTaco's Tacoma Gallery
+1 to allpro offroad for customer service!
Old 10-17-2008, 01:40 PM   #6
Gringo Bandito
tcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shedtcBob is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bob
tcBob's Tacoma Gallery
they just joined tw today http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/members/allpro.html
Old 10-19-2008, 10:35 PM   #7
random hero is on a distinguished road

random hero's Tacoma Gallery
not trying to be a dick, but if they're trying to make it "right" then why not send you a new set, or replacemenet peice instead of using your piece for their R&D
Old 10-19-2008, 10:42 PM   #8
Khaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shedKhaos is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Bryant
Khaos's Tacoma Gallery
I'm glad to see All Pro doing what their doing. I'm also quite glad to see that they have joined TW.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:33 AM   #9
mjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shedmjp2 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by random hero View Post
not trying to be a dick, but if they're trying to make it "right" then why not send you a new set, or replacemenet peice instead of using your piece for their R&D
You'd rather I get a new set of UCAs instead of seeing the product line improve?
Old 10-20-2008, 10:45 AM   #11

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight View Post
Random Hero shows up in almost every uca thread

Quote:
but anyhow good for AllPro I like their go get'em attitude toward making things better.
Same here. They definitely haven't lost me as a customer.
Old 10-20-2008, 03:20 PM   #13
Piss off
jhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjhodge83 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: former TSgt/E6, 3D172, Cyber Transport, NC Air Guard and prior AD
Name: Jamie
jhodge83's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I look At AllPro about every other day, I know I cant afford the things i want yet but that site is like crack for me!! I want it all and I can't get enough!
i know...i made a $3k wish list on there
Old 11-04-2008, 01:18 PM   #14

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Just spoke with Jon at All-Pro. They were able to trace my UCAs to a specific batch that matched a second break that was reported, so this looks to be an isolated issue related to limited number of products.

When comparing my hardware with the other guy's there were a couple of common issues. Next week they'll be doing some more testing to look for binding issues and anything else that might lead to premature failure. They also have some cool plans for a future UCA design that I'll be watching for.

As for my stuff, they've more than done right by me and will continue to get my business in the future.

Just keeping the world updated with some first-hand information.
Old 11-04-2008, 01:22 PM   #15
random hero is on a distinguished road

random hero's Tacoma Gallery
are they going to give you a new set of arms, or replacement arm?
Old 11-04-2008, 01:36 PM   #16

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
are they going to give you a new set of arms, or replacement arm?
We worked out an agreement that I am extremely pleased with. I don't see any advantage to publishing the details other than to say that I was the one with broken components, and I will be returning as a customer in the future.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:55 PM   #17
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes
pittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shedpittim is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Tim
pittim's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
because he'll probably break them again.

MJP, didn't it happen when you were doing a "trial" run with your truck? So you were probably taking it a little easier than had it been the real race.

If he broke them because of a design flaw taking it easy, I'm sure he wouldn't want the same design whenever he goes 100%.
Old 11-04-2008, 06:14 PM   #18

mjp2's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by pittim View Post
because he'll probably break them again.

MJP, didn't it happen when you were doing a "trial" run with your truck? So you were probably taking it a little easier than had it been the real race.

If he broke them because of a design flaw taking it easy, I'm sure he wouldn't want the same design whenever he goes 100%.
I was actually beating on the truck with the intention of breaking something under controlled circumstances. I was looking for weak points and hit some areas of the course far harder than I would have if I had another 900 miles of race ahead of me.

During the race, the intention is to finish. During that round of testing, I was looking for things that would keep me from finishing.
Old 11-04-2008, 08:56 PM   #19
East Bound and Down
Dark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shedDark Knight is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jeff
Dark Knight's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
We worked out an agreement that I am extremely pleased with. I don't see any advantage to publishing the details other than to say that I was the one with broken components, and I will be returning as a customer in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp2 View Post
I was actually beating on the truck with the intention of breaking something under controlled circumstances. I was looking for weak points and hit some areas of the course far harder than I would have if I had another 900 miles of race ahead of me.

During the race, the intention is to finish. During that round of testing, I was looking for things that would keep me from finishing.
Well said.