Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Pros and Cons of Sway bar removal on 2nd gen

View Poll Results: Should i remove my swaybar?
Hell yes take it off! 70 53.44%
You wont really see a difference. 10 7.63%
I wouldnt do it. 41 31.30%
Whatever you do dont take it off! 10 7.63%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-01-2011, 11:31 AM   #41
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacountryboy-IXI View Post
I would be concerned with having an accident and the swaybar become a legal advantage for the other driver.
For that to be the case you would have to be at fault in the first place. Wether your swaybar is on or off, either you were at fault or you were not. In other words if somebody pulled out in front of you and you swerved and rolled and collided with another vehicle, the primary cause of the accident is still that the first driver pulled out in front of you. You may have some limited liability if its determined that the missing swaybar contributed to the accident but you will not be considered primarily at fault.
Old 08-31-2011, 03:37 PM   #42
rsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shedrsbmg is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Army:
Name: Rob
rsbmg's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogiboy View Post
Either way with or without swaybar it's still your fault you hit another vehicle. Thats what insurance is for .
That is not true at all. The fact that you struck another vehicle doesn't automatically place you at blame for a collision. Thats an old wives tail just like the people who think if the light is red before you cross under it you ran a red light.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:20 PM   #44
brettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shedbrettb is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Brett
brettb's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by senor taco View Post
Yeah man. FUCK THAT FOUR WHEEL SHIT!
Old 08-31-2011, 10:38 PM   #45
Lord of War
KenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shedKenLyns is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KenLyns's Tacoma Gallery
Would the engine starve of oil if the truck is driven on two wheels for extended periods of time?
Old 08-31-2011, 10:39 PM   #46
caffeine nicotine gasoline
livel0veryde is on a distinguished road

Name: josh Rockett
livel0veryde's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
alright i gota try this
Old 09-02-2011, 11:08 AM   #47
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
That's got to be fake.......don't believe it!
Old 10-02-2011, 03:43 PM   #48
Rad Red Prerunner
eccracer104 has a spectacular aura abouteccracer104 has a spectacular aura about

eccracer104's Tacoma Gallery
its real. bj baldwin does it in his trophy truck in the baja flo series. I think its in # 1 or 2. also these kids do it with a ramp - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5AnTmPJj90s
Old 10-03-2011, 08:27 PM   #49
Famous Fabrication
DWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shedDWreck is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Derek
DWreck's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I can do that on my quad, not about to try it in my truck tho!!!

Anyway, here's an example of the flex you get without sway, taken today!

Old 08-05-2012, 12:11 AM   #52
n0ms is on a distinguished road
Name: Angel
n0ms's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by goufcustom View Post
What Toyota Pickup is that, it is sick looking!
The one in the front is a landcruiser I think.
Totally off topic but that is boss.
Old 08-05-2012, 12:38 AM   #54
BroBraBlahBlah
Spoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shedSpoonman is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jamie
Spoonman's Tacoma Gallery
Take that bitch off ASAP. My Tacoma on 35s and lt with no sway handles like a champ. Even with my factory worn out suspension I had, sway bar made little difference.
Old 04-25-2014, 06:50 PM   #55
Always outnumbered, never outgunned
Agent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shedAgent Smith is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Agent Smith's Tacoma Gallery
Reviving this thread.

I've been chasing a suspension noise and I removed my sway bar to either confirm it was the cause or not. All I can say is for you guys that removed it and kept it off, you must possess titanic testicles.

I could tell just backing out of my driveway that the ride was different. Taking a test drive to the next town was, let's put it this way,... not confidence inspiring. Truck leans like a mofo taking a turn onto a side street at low speed. Like bad. And I'm running OME Nitro's and 884 springs.

The fuckin noise was still there with the sway bar off, so as soon as I got home I reinstalled the sway bar. I rarely wheel anymore, so additional flex isn't an issue for me. Just my opinion, I didn't like the way the truck handled with it off. YMMV
Old 04-25-2014, 09:02 PM   #56
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
Springs are prob too light. A coilover (usually 650lb spring) handles MUCH better. Will never drive with a sway bar on anymore......my truck is so much smoother now. It takes a smaller flick of the wheel to move out of the way of something.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:56 PM   #57
eddietaco13 is on a distinguished road

Name: eddie
eddietaco13's Tacoma Gallery
Gona try removing it myself.. lets see how it goes. Heard an othr tw member say he likes his truck like he likes his women... loose and slopy lol.
Old 05-27-2014, 06:58 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
Springs are prob too light. A coilover (usually 650lb spring) handles MUCH better. Will never drive with a sway bar on anymore......my truck is so much smoother now. It takes a smaller flick of the wheel to move out of the way of something.
Cud u discriber smoother? Like smoothr on road bumps ?
Old 05-27-2014, 07:00 PM   #59
MGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shedMGMTacoFF is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Matt
MGMTacoFF's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agent Smith View Post
Reviving this thread.

I've been chasing a suspension noise and I removed my sway bar to either confirm it was the cause or not. All I can say is for you guys that removed it and kept it off, you must possess titanic testicles.

I could tell just backing out of my driveway that the ride was different. Taking a test drive to the next town was, let's put it this way,... not confidence inspiring. Truck leans like a mofo taking a turn onto a side street at low speed. Like bad. And I'm running OME Nitro's and 884 springs.

The fuckin noise was still there with the sway bar off, so as soon as I got home I reinstalled the sway bar. I rarely wheel anymore, so additional flex isn't an issue for me. Just my opinion, I didn't like the way the truck handled with it off. YMMV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
x2. With my 700# coils, I barely noticed the change in body roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddietaco13 View Post
Gona try removing it myself.. lets see how it goes. Heard an othr tw member say he likes his truck like he likes his women... loose and slopy lol.
Easy to remove by yourself, I just used two jackstands to support the bar while I loosened all hardware. The link hardware is a little bit of a PITA because you have to hold the allen head still while you loosen the nut, but it's not bad.

Matt
Old 05-27-2014, 07:05 PM   #60

Lol.. my bad i ment try takn it off myself as in try driving around wit it off. I jus got some fox 2.5 c/os rr. But have no idea what kinda coils they came with... how do i find out?? Is it markd sumwhr on the coil?