Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Towing with lift, best rear option

Old 07-15-2011, 06:27 AM   #1
Jims11TRD is on a distinguished road
Name: Jim
Jims11TRD's Tacoma Gallery
Towing with lift, best rear option

So my boat and trailer are about 4200 lbs. What do you guys think I should do for a rear lift option with the 3in for the front. Anyone tow that amount of weight with a lift? I'm not sure if I should do blocks or add a leafs. Advice please I don't want to make a mistake I will regret, I'd rather get it right the first time.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:28 AM   #2
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jims11TRD View Post
So my boat and trailer are about 4200 lbs. What do you guys think I should do for a rear lift option with the 3in for the front. Anyone tow that amount of weight with a lift? I'm not sure if I should do blocks or add a leafs. Advice please I don't want to make a mistake I will regret, I'd rather get it right the first time.
I wouldn't do blocks... for that weight, maybe look at OME's Dakar leaf pack. It's a pretty built up leaf pack.
Old 07-15-2011, 09:16 AM   #3
PineappleGrenade is on a distinguished road

Name: Zach
PineappleGrenade's Tacoma Gallery
I just ordered my All Pro Expos the other day! Ive also read good things about them. Should carrier a load with no problems.
Old 07-15-2011, 06:57 PM   #4
Damn those are beefy!! Who sells those I haven't seen them? How much are they? I see this lift getting more and more expensive, this site is addictive!
Old 07-15-2011, 07:03 PM   #5
Cogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shedCogge89 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Firefighter:
Name: Justin
Cogge89's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Damn those are beefy!! Who sells those I haven't seen them? How much are they? I see this lift getting more and more expensive, this site is addictive!
Do it right the first time, even if it costs a bit more. I promise you that is the best advice you can find and will save money in the long run. I put 5100s all the way around, and some airsprings.. Now i'm trying to justify taking it all out to replace it with OME coils/shocks, and this Dakar pack.

You can find this pack at Toytec, and Wheeler's Offroad for $400 + some hardware.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:19 PM   #6
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
I installed them on my 08 TRD2. They lifted 4", I have some problems with vibs. trying to work it out. Nothing bad more of strange sound at 50-65 mph than. Just droped the carrier bearing 3/8 tonight have to drive on hwy in morning. I'm just saying I went from 21" to 25".
Old 07-15-2011, 08:40 PM   #7
Mr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shedMr.Ed is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Mr.Ed's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Taco85 View Post
I'm sitting at 26" from center of hub to fender in the rear. No vibes on my end, I did the carrier bearing drop and 3* axle shims. If the height is too much for you, you can take out one of the leafs.
I did the Toytec kit with the shims, I'm at 3" & 4" . The thing that I loved was how nice the ride is and how flat when turning or changing lanes. No roll.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:27 PM   #8
Is there any other hardware that you need besides new U bolts?
Old 08-22-2011, 12:31 PM   #9
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Allpro expedition springs.
Old 08-22-2011, 12:35 PM   #10
Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983
Pugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shedPugga is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Pugga's Tacoma Gallery
Check with PSU or OZ-T, there's a centering pin extension that allows you to put in shims later if you need to in order to correct vibrations. The standard centering pins aren't long enough to go through the shims and still seat into the axle. It's easier to put them on now rather than tear apart the leaf pack later. If you find you have vibes post install you could then order either shims or a CB drop kit.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:25 PM   #11
How about a set of firestone airbags? Just trying to feel out all options, do you guys think this could be a option as well to?
Old 08-23-2011, 01:32 PM   #12
pudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shedpudge151 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Sean
pudge151's Tacoma Gallery
I have the Firestone bags. Love them. Not sure if they will work w a 3" lift
Old 08-23-2011, 01:34 PM   #13
Self Proclaimed first gen expert :doh:
Greensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shedGreensystemsgo is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
Greensystemsgo's Tacoma Gallery
Despite mine being a first gen, I do have those expos. Sooooo strong and firm.
Old 08-23-2011, 01:36 PM   #14
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
How about a set of firestone airbags? Just trying to feel out all options, do you guys think this could be a option as well to?
There's a few guys on here running airbags. They seem to like em' very much. All my buddies w/ full size diesels that tow alot run airbags. Use the search function on here and i'm sure you'll find all kinds of info.