Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

*pro comp 3 inch complete coil kit*

Old 07-19-2011, 06:58 PM   #21
113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed113tac is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Stephen
113tac's Tacoma Gallery
man that sounds like a shitty situation. i agree that if they dont get this straightened out that you should call a lawyer. idk if thats over kill but if they advertise that it will work for a 4cyl on their website when obviously it wont and they know it since it was designed for a 6cylinder then i would think it would be worth it to atleast get your money back for the kit or atleast get it exchanged for something that will work of equal value. i mean thats bs that they keep telling you to order a bumper. i would fight until you get what you want.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #22
Señor member
Cr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shedCr250jumper is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Cr250jumper's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oswego View Post
I'm not a fan of extended travel for IFS and as far as I know King does not offer a bolt on extended travel shock for 05+ Tacomas.
Ive never seen them anywhere but I was thinking and mine are not shown anywhere either. Mine are completely custom length. Im sure they would make them whatever length you want. But I can see why you wouldnt want it with 4wd
Old 07-19-2011, 07:07 PM   #23
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I'm not a fan of extended travel for IFS and as far as I know King does not offer a bolt on extended travel shock for 05+ Tacomas.
What's wrong with extended travel for IFS? I'm only asking so I'll know before I make a mistake.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:14 PM   #24
#texasforever
hudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shedhudhawk is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hudson
hudhawk's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
I see no reason to stress out and break my CV's due to poor drive line angles. Proper line placement is key. Ive seen guys running the same shocks I have do way more crazy shit then I will ever do so why would I need extended travel?
Oh, my bad I forgot you were 4WD. My bad, I understand why now.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:30 PM   #25
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
4Wheelparts has very shitty service and they don't really know what they are talking about. I guess I am one of the lucky ones with this lift kit.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:37 PM   #26
3 7 Mafia
Blacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shedBlacktacoma23 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Matt
Blacktacoma23's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
IDK about that......your CV's look fucked here

Whens the last time you looked at your fins?
I took that within a few days of the lift being put on, since then it has settled. Plus I run 295's and TC UCA's now which helped a little
Old 07-20-2011, 06:10 AM   #28
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
i don't understand why the arb didn't include any recovery points on an off road bumper?

lol they must not ever get stuck in australia lol.

the lead time with a relentless bumper is looking to be over 2 months at it's fastest though i need to get some weight over the front fast lol so decisions decisions.

and the price man, freaking 4wp's is selling me the deluxe arb for 689 but, i really do not want to give them any more money at all. the owner never returned any emails or the phone calls i sent to his personal voice mail. the guy's there are doody heads
Old 07-20-2011, 06:57 AM   #29
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

black taco has the truck that at least they used in the development of the kit, but after talking with a bunch of guy's on here and seeing boyds truck on friday he has a 700# spring rate! and like he said he is rolling a relentless plate steel bumper with a winch plus sliders and full skids!

when i ordered the kit from 4wp's i had asked the tech at procomp while on a conference call if the higher spring rate in the kit would actually effect lift height or if it would just make the ride stiffer?

they told me it was impossible to get more than 3 inches of lift and that the higher spring rate would just make for a stiffer ride. i thought thats cool! so if in the future i did ever decide to run a bumper like relentless fab or arb i would not have to change my springs. i actually was not told that these springs would lift the truck up almost 5 inches. it has settled a bit but, at this point i don't really see it going down any more than it already has if anything it may drop just the littlest bit more over an extended period of time.

the actual problem is that with out a significant amount of weight more than the stock front end it will never stress them enough to either let them articulate in any way. the shocks are bottoming out over almost every bump! i thought it was the springs being so stiff that made the ride that way and at first i did not know what to expect with the ride.

i knew this kit rode a bit stiff when i ordered it so i expected a stiff ride but, i had no idea it would be this way. after boyd explained to me what i was feeling when driving around it makes complete sense. super stiff springs with not enough weight over them and shocks pulled to or beyond their maximum length. thats what makes this ride so freaking hard bouncy and skitish
Old 07-20-2011, 07:04 AM   #30

any section of pock marked pavement almost sends the truck into another lane! the same thing can be said about expansion joints on highways which is not really confidence inspiring while traveling on 95 in philadelphia i almost took out a cement guard rail last week on the way to the philadelphia airport and i had both hands on the wheel and was anticipating movement it's pretty freaky.

which is why the truck is now parked until i can figure out what i'm doing with the bumper that i can't afford to buy now.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:11 AM   #31
Lets Do It!
wiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shedwiscdave is one of the sharper tools in the shed

wiscdave's Tacoma Gallery
i'd pull the lift, throw all the shit in a box..take a piss on it and send it back to pro-comp with delivery confirmation and cancel credit card transaction ..then start over.

Make you feel better and start off right.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:22 AM   #32

+1 to you lol that's an awesome idea!

at this point with them ignoring me the way they are it may very well be my only option short of getting a 1,000 dollar bumper. because i'm thinking that if i had to buy the bumper from them i may hang myself with my shoe laces.

if i do end up keeping it and getting a bumper it will be from relentless the problem is the money and wait list for one of his bumpers. my cv boots will not last another 2 months at this rate my driver side is the worst probably due to the spacer included with the lift to correct the taco lean not that i need it with these spring rates.

i just cannot imagine giving these fuck tards anymore of my hard earned money.
Old 07-20-2011, 09:59 AM   #33
jr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shedjr114 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
Name: Jon
jr114's Tacoma Gallery
Hans,
Ya im pretty sure even with my dbl cab i ended up with MORE than 3" of lift. When I put my Icon's on there, i lost some height.
Old 07-20-2011, 10:30 AM   #34

that's because the icons are correct. they tune and manufacture both the shocks and the spring rates accordingly.

after a week of what i would call heated negotiations. i received a call today wensday the 20th form a pro comp technician mind you not the ceo greg adler that i sent emails and left voice mails for last friday not even the general manager of customer service who promised i would hear back from him by the latest of monday.

the tech then said this was the final offer. they told me i could keep this lift and they would refund the purchase price! now is it just me? but that seems like a given seeing as how they sold me the wrong kit in the first place and in three separate calls to pro comps tech dept. before i had the kit installed i was still given the wrong info!

i then had it installed and viola! wouldn't you know i have more ground clearance than a unimog! but i also can't go down the road with out the truck trying to change lanes all by itself or mangling almost every component in the front end truck!

this kit has now caused me to have to replace the cv boots already!!! seeing as how my drivers side has a giant groove wore in it already and is ready to pop! and the passenger side is not far behind! this is just from the 400 miles or less i had driven it since the lift was installed to try and break it in.

god only knows what the hell has happened to the differential or the axels them selves or ball joints for that matter.

it was suggested by another member that i petition the moderators on here to have them remove 4wp's vendor status. siting that we as members have to abide by code of general conduct and the same should apply to the vendors that are on here hocking their wares.

i actually feel bad for any person dealing with this company because if they handle any of their dealings even half as bad as they did mine they are in for a real treat the bumper that would solve this problem btw was offered to me last friday by the gm of cust. service at 4wp's for 689 i told the tech today if you are willing to refund the price of the lift kit why not just send me out the bumper it's only a 200 dollar difference?!?! that would solve my problem the cost of the lift however will not. when i suggested this he said he would "try" escalating the situation again but, seeing as how they tried to reach a solution he can't at this point promise anything!

wtf! they admitted to selling me the wrong kit i know have to replace shit that the lift already broke! they fucked my truck up by selling this turd of a kit to me in the first place then compounded the problem by not offering the bumper that would fix it?
Old 07-26-2011, 08:57 AM   #37
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
3" lift

I had a Pro comp 3" lift installed by 4wp. I do like the lift and after about 3k miles it has settled. However, it was real stiff at first but has softened up since. Dealing with 4wp was not a great experience. They installed the lift, LR UCA's wheels and 295 tires. My alignment still sucks. The passenger side was a 1/2 inch low. I kept calling pro comp and 4wp's. Finally, they put 1/4" shim in it and it has improved slightly. But that was after much debate with 4wp's and pro comp. In retrospect I should have gone with a another lift and installer. I am satisfied with the truck but not thrilled. You can see pics in the florida section under the Orlando meet. Its the black truck with nitto tires.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/flo...a-meet-15.html
Old 07-26-2011, 09:47 AM   #38
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by stunt man hans View Post
yeah they where monitoring the other thread in the vendor section last week and took it down due to all the negative comments.

i screen captured the image of of it on their site lol it was there for months i can't believe that no one else ended up getting this lift. i can't be the only guy with a 4cyl that has it right?
Ass clowns. They gotta do better in this game. Proper parts selection and installation is critical when it comes to suspension. Looking good is important but it's gotta perform or you may as well leave it stock.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:50 AM   #39
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9cop View Post
I had a Pro comp 3" lift installed by 4wp. I do like the lift and after about 3k miles it has settled. However, it was real stiff at first but has softened up since. Dealing with 4wp was not a great experience. They installed the lift, LR UCA's wheels and 295 tires. My alignment still sucks. The passenger side was a 1/2 inch low. I kept calling pro comp and 4wp's. Finally, they put 1/4" shim in it and it has improved slightly. But that was after much debate with 4wp's and pro comp. In retrospect I should have gone with a another lift and installer. I am satisfied with the truck but not thrilled. You can see pics in the florida section under the Orlando meet. Its the black truck with nitto tires.
http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/flo...a-meet-15.html
You may be ok since your truck is a heavier double cab v6. The kit would likely be a lot better without 720 lb springs. That's a crazy high spring rate.
Old 07-26-2011, 06:32 PM   #40
if your not the lead dog, the view never changes
k9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shedk9cop is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabio
k9cop's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 705 Taco View Post
You may be ok since your truck is a heaveir double cab v6. The kit would likely be a lot better without 720 lb springs. That's a crazy high ring rate.
yeah your right. I wish I was could do the work myself but, I'm a mechanical idiot