Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

*pro comp 3 inch complete coil kit*

Old 09-24-2011, 04:25 AM   #41
bbsmith is on a distinguished road

Name: BB
bbsmith's Tacoma Gallery
3" Procomp Kit Installed

I just put the 3" procomp. I find the ride stiffer but not really a bad ride. The larger tires and wheels will come come later.
Attached Thumbnails
*pro comp 3 inch complete coil kit*-dsci0008-3-.jpg   *pro comp 3 inch complete coil kit*-exp-k5075b.jpg  
Old 09-25-2011, 07:16 AM   #42
Zombie Killer!
705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed705 Taco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Dean
705 Taco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsmith View Post
I just put the 3" procomp. I find the ride stiffer but not really a bad ride. The larger tires and wheels will come come later.
I think it looks good and it'll likely suit your truck fine since your truck is pretty heavy. How much front lift did u get? how r the cv angles?
Old 09-26-2011, 05:17 AM   #43
bbsmith is on a distinguished road

Name: BB
bbsmith's Tacoma Gallery
It lifted the front just over 3" It leveled it pretty good. I shimmed the differential with large area washers ( 3/4" of shimming) and longer bolts. The CV Joints are now really close to factory angle
Old 11-14-2011, 08:28 AM   #44
nobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to beholdnobody4343 is a splendid one to behold

Name: Jonathan
nobody4343's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsmith View Post
So are over all satisfied with this lift I just recently moved to so cal and wanting to put a lift on my 06 v6 dc 4x4 shorted I'm tired of how rough the spacer lift is
Old 11-15-2011, 03:42 PM   #46
Sublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shedSublime is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Mike
Sublime's Tacoma Gallery
^^ exactly!

Do it proper with a good set of coilover's, uca's and replacement leafs! Your in SoCal and will need it lol!
Old 12-22-2011, 09:15 PM   #47
displaced viking living in new jersey
stunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shedstunt man hans is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: hans
stunt man hans's Tacoma Gallery
update: after installing the arb bull bar i popped in a warn m8000 with steel line and it is just now starting to behave a little better.

for those of you counting thats almost 300 pounds hanging right off the front of the truck. the bumper winch and skids are needed if your rolling this kit on your 4 banger i know others have bought this kit and installed it on the 4cyls so unless you enjoy having bruised kidney's from driving down the street either switch it out or start saving up for some pricey upgrades.

lol after going through all the motions with this here is what i figured out.

the amount of shit you would need to bolt onto your truck would be crazy in order for you to actually need a 730 pound spring on any tacoma.

don't get me wrong companies like ome and shops like dsms will suggest s/r close but, nothing over 700 pounds unless you specify it this kit has 730!

so that stiff feeling is because you have no up travel due to the crazy stiff springs. i had to put the arb and a warn winch with steel cable on my truck along with a plate steel front skid to get it to even begin to act right lol

the truck still sits well above three inches so unless your a glutton for punishment i think that there are other choices and companies that you should look at for your lift kit/gear.

not to mention 4wp's is completely and totally incompetent and uncaring about what they sell to people.

lol it still makes laugh thinking about the day it was put on the truck.

when the dude pulled it around from the back of the shop and was like your all set. i looked at him and was like wtf did you put the right lift on here lol. dude you didn't cut my cross member did you? where the bracket at? ahhh wait a minute

it looked like a drop bracket lift no joke it was just a little over 4.75 inches above stock!
Old 08-25-2012, 09:11 PM   #48
superman2481 is on a distinguished road
superman2481's Tacoma Gallery
Any new members have this? Still wanting to purchase this and hasn't been bumped for almost a year...
Old 08-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #49
Southbound
Westside has a spectacular aura aboutWestside has a spectacular aura about
Name: JT
Westside's Tacoma Gallery
I have it on my '12 DCLB. I'm not sure what the spring rating is but the truck rides nice and has about 3" lift in front. No other mods.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:49 AM   #50
monster coma18 is on a distinguished road
Firefighter:
Name: steven
monster coma18's Tacoma Gallery
So what would y'all suggest for a 4banger double cab for small lift instead of leveling kit
Old 09-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #51
Fightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shedFightman80 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Fightman80's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside View Post
I have it on my '12 DCLB. I'm not sure what the spring rating is but the truck rides nice and has about 3" lift in front. No other mods.
What size tires are you running with that lift?
Old 09-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #52
Southbound
265/70 R17 almost exact diameter to the stock 18" set up
Old 10-24-2012, 07:13 AM   #53
jz23 is on a distinguished road
Name: jon
jz23's Tacoma Gallery
does anyone have experience with a lift or leveling kit for a 4 banger that works well?
I have a friend who is willing to install anything I buy but I don't want to have a bad experience getting the wrong parts like Hans (sorry Bro).

i was looking on the fat bobs websit0 but am hesitant. they are cheap but obviously you get what you pay for. Any suggestions?
Old 12-12-2012, 12:12 PM   #54
Southbound
To update this; The Pro Comp 3'' kit was installed by the dealer. After going back to the service manager a few times and trying to get the alingment correct I was actually able to get them on board with installing a pair of LR UCA's. Of course the alignment is fine now but I really have to share how well the truck rides now... Geez I had no idea how much better it would be! The freaking coil overs must have had the front suspension bound up because now it actually has full articulation. Props to the dealer for stepping up on this and correcting it. I couldn't be more pleased.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westside View Post
Old 01-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #55
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
this is why I'm torn on what lift to go with. a basic kit with my own coil over choice would be nice. I have an extended cab 4cyl but i plan on a steel bumper & winch up front. I'd like articulation, not race car stiffness
Old 02-05-2013, 12:36 PM   #56
Hub Master General
nj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shednj636 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Kev
nj636's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagen View Post
OME 885's sound about right for your armor and winch. A few guys run 885's on the reg cab (almost 300lbs lighter I believe in comparison to the access cab) and seem fine with it. I ordered the ironman 2 inch lift for my reg cab. anticipating the extra lift I would get, Ill have it in next week and hopefully installed on the weekend if you aren't looking to buy right away I will PM you and let you know how it rides. Also in the Ironman Lift Review thread a guy has it on his 4banger access cab so you can ask him to. I plan on a bumper and winch but not an extremely heavy set up.

Anyways I hope that atleast gets you looking in the right direction.
OME FTW

885's up front & Dakar CS047R's in rear, rides like a caddy with no sway bar. Gave me 3" in front & 4" in rear.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:58 AM   #57
TacomaSchematics is on a distinguished road
Name: Jordan
TacomaSchematics's Tacoma Gallery
pro comp 2.5 inch front level kit or 3 lift

I have a 2013 Tacoma Sport rear wheel not 4x4 and i want to get a 2.5 inch front level kit or would it be better to get the 3 inch lift kit? I will probably wait for the 25,000 mile warranty to end but i would like to know what to get.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #58
Southbound
I'm resurrecting this thread as kind of a public service announcement. My dealer installed, Pro-Comp 3" lift is destined for the trash heap. At 25K the lower eyelet bushings have disinigrated on all 4 shocks. Fortunatly the dealer is stepping up to make it right. I'll be pushing them to go with OME or Icon's if I can, and worst case will be to return it to all stock. So my lesson learned here is the quality of Pro Comp terrible and I recommend steering clear of their suspension products.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:16 PM   #59
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Thats perfect right there, going to try to do this soon!
Old 10-20-2013, 02:17 PM   #60
Senior NEWBIE
Tigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shedTigahshark is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Isaac
Tigahshark's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by nj636 View Post
OME FTW

885's up front & Dakar CS047R's in rear, rides like a caddy with no sway bar. Gave me 3" in front & 4" in rear.

Thats a perfect set up right there, im going to try to do this soon