Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Getting rear-leaf TSB, what should I set 5100s at?

Old 07-15-2011, 10:50 AM   #1
WaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the rough

Air Force:
Name: Michael
WaGood24's Tacoma Gallery
Getting rear-leaf TSB, what should I set 5100s at?

Next month I'm going to be getting my rear-leaf TSB done and I'm going to go ahead and install some 5100s as well at the same time. I'd like to hear from those that have done this and hear how their setup worked out. Mostly, I want to know if setting the 5100s at 2.5" will level the truck out, or if it'll actually set the nose up higher than the bed. Also, how common is this "Taco lean" I keep hearing about?
Old 07-15-2011, 11:04 AM   #2
WaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the roughWaGood24 is a jewel in the rough

Air Force:
bump
Old 07-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #3
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
I have TSB in the rear with 5100's all around set at .85 w/ Eibach Coils (extra 1.5 lift) and i sit 1/2 inch higher in the front still. Absolutely LOVE the ride! (checkout my build thread below)
Old 07-15-2011, 11:11 AM   #4
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
I don't have billies or the TSB, but there are many threads on this topic. Here is one:

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/sus...-5-1-75-a.html
Old 07-15-2011, 11:23 AM   #5

Air Force:
Thanks, I'm tempted to try out the 2.5" but I think I'll stick to 1.75". How about that lean? Is that a common problem or something that just happens from time to time?
Old 07-15-2011, 11:25 AM   #6
DCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shedDCW is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: David
DCW's Tacoma Gallery
I have a DC TRD OR with the TSB done and the 5100's set at 1.75 and it is level, if you go to the next setting you will be nose high. Sorry I don't have pic's (no camera). Hope this helps.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:25 AM   #7
friction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shedfriction is one of the sharper tools in the shed

friction's Tacoma Gallery
From what I have read, 2.5" would be nose high...certainly w/any kind of load.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:59 AM   #8
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
I have .85 with 1.5" Coils lift and sit 1/2" within level. So i say 2.5" Would maybe be a tiny bit nose high but should be pretty close. (Without a load that is) Anyway i say spend the extra $150 and go with eibachs if your wanting to go all the way to 2.5" setting. You won't be dissappointed.