Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Eibach vs. Toytec Adj Coilover Kit

Old 07-15-2011, 12:57 PM   #1
Relik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Eddy
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
Eibach vs. Toytec Adj Coilover Kit

Hey guys,

I have 5100s all around, front at 1.75 ans TSB leafs.

Sure my future plan is Icons/King extended coilovers BUT I soon want 285s and I need a bit more lift. Eibach and AAL are mid travel lift I'm aiming for till then.

There is the Adjustable Coilover kit from Toytec that will make my 5100s coilovers, BUT the springs alone are lest than half the price of the kit!($150 vs $370)

With what seems the only difference that they're adjustable for perfect tuning. (The adjustable say up to 3" lift tho?) But the 5100s already have the .85 setting to achieve the slight adjustment I'd need right?

Is it worth to make them adjustable coilovers?
Old 07-15-2011, 01:00 PM   #2
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Nope buy real CO's the adjustments on the Toytec ones are not that great. Just save your money and buy real Coil overs.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:03 PM   #3
it's about the off-road miles
tacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtacokid09 is one of the sharper tools in the shed
tacokid09's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
Nope buy real CO's the adjustments on the Toytec ones are not that great. Just save your money and buy real Coil overs.
x2.. i was thinking of getting the toytec ULK but realized i can get icon COs for like 1069 shipped.. then just throw some billies on the rear and call it good. ive learned to do it right the first time..
Old 07-15-2011, 01:11 PM   #4
Relik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Eddy
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by JLee View Post
I see... then I'd just get the springs then. Well for Eibach Springs and AAL that'd be around $260 shipped.

Add some wheel spacers for my Sport wheels that'd I'd need for 285s thatd be about $460 total. Plus the $1k for BFG All terrains.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:12 PM   #5
nelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shednelson18matt is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: Ex-Cone
nelson18matt's Tacoma Gallery
dont waste your money on anything with "toytec" in the name...

do it right the first time, it's cheaper. keep saving for the icon or king CO's
Old 07-15-2011, 01:14 PM   #6
The Man!
JLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shedJLee is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Jerry
JLee's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relik View Post
I see... then I'd just get the springs then. Well for Eibach Springs and AAL that'd be around $260 shipped.

Add some wheel spacers for my Sport wheels that'd I'd need for 285s thatd be about $460 total. Plus the $1k for BFG All terrains.

Yeah just get the springs you don't need that sleeve with threads. 1460 is no too bad for all of that.