Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

what do you think of this 3" lift kit...?

Old 10-17-2008, 04:34 PM   #1
CAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud of

Name: steve
CAMZTRD's Tacoma Gallery
what do you think of this 3" lift kit...?

pro comp kit with front struts and rear shocks...is it a pretty good kit...?

http://www.4wheelonline.com/Products...oductId=242047
Old 10-17-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Pro Comp shocks are garbage. $0.02
Old 10-17-2008, 05:54 PM   #3
CAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud ofCAMZTRD has much to be proud of

Name: steve
CAMZTRD's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
Pro Comp shocks are garbage. $0.02
rough ride..? you had the same ones in that kit..?
Old 10-27-2008, 02:36 PM   #4
dabighi has a little shameless behaviour in the past
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
thin after looking at this kit im going to call pro-comp today and see whats up with it. they dont have any info about the kit on their main site. and i dont mind the ride of pro-comp shocks especially since my truck is a daily driver with the only off road time it see is baja surf trips. let you guys know what i find out.
Old 10-27-2008, 03:22 PM   #5
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
ok so i called procomp and this is what i asked the tech guys. are the springs stiff enough to keep the front end of the double cabs level? and what about road wander? am i going to need to install aftermarket uca's to keep it aligned properly? the guy basically said ya the springs provided can and will keep the front end of the dbl cabs level, and that this kit is designed so that you do NOT have to use aftermarket uca's to keep the truck aligned. well i guess we'll see about that. i know..rephrase..have heard that once our trucks reach 3" of lift, they need aftermarket uca's to keep them going down the road straight. but based on what the guy told me and friends and family who have other procomp suspensions on their trucks, i think im gonna have to give this one a try. i really like that there are no spacers involved and that this is simply a straight bolt on kit. let me know what you guys think
Old 10-27-2008, 05:51 PM   #6
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
Unless this lift is magic, your going to have about .6* of caster after it is aligned. Unless they kick your camber out of spec.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:51 PM   #7
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
ya thats what im thinking..so thats why when i order the kit ill have to order to total chaos or camburg or some other uca's.ill keep posting as things happen.might be a few weeks for it all come together cause i work so dam much.just worked the last 48hrs and now after 1 day off i get to go back for another 72.although i love what i do and where its gonna get me, its hard when trying to keep up with my list of things to accomplish on my truck
Old 10-28-2008, 06:41 AM   #8
Justin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud ofJustin626 has much to be proud of

Justin626's Tacoma Gallery
Personally, I would go with the 885 Toytec coil kit and OME shocks front and rear.
Old 10-28-2008, 03:34 PM   #9
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
im under the impression that you have to use coil spacers with the ome kit to achieve the full 3" on a dbl cab. that true?
Old 11-03-2008, 05:01 PM   #10
dabighi's Tacoma Gallery
well im glad i made a comment on ordering the lift before i actually did. i talked to tech support guys from toytec and procomp. seems that with both kits you wont be able to achieve a full 3"s even with the springs and spacers. and thats something i dont want to do. i wanna have a spacer free suspension. ive seen too many pictures of bushings and joints after spacers have been installed that are just horrible. plus i ran into a buddy from high school who owns a suspension shop and is gonna give me a great deal on the icon coilovers. and i used to work at a shop where we built custom cars so my old boss said that i give him half a days work, i have the garage to myself after closing on a saturday afternoon. only problem is now i have to wait for all the replacement cards and money to come in from losing my wallet the other day. i hate waiting.