1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

what do you think of this 3" lift kit...?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by CAMZTRD, Oct 17, 2008.

1. Oct 17, 2008 at 4:34 PM
    CAMZTRD

CAMZTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    steve
    hampton, va
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4
    billy 5100's @ 2.5 w/ 1/4 spacers, toytec aal, LR UCA's, revotec headlights,revotec taillights, lamin-x fogs, color matched grille and rear bumper, undercover, bed-extender, black nerf bars, scan gaugeII , afe drop in, 50 series flowmaster, 6000k bi-xenon hids, more to come.......
  2. Oct 17, 2008 at 5:14 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Pro Comp shocks are garbage. $0.02

3. Oct 17, 2008 at 5:54 PM
    CAMZTRD

CAMZTRD [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    steve
    hampton, va
    Vehicle:
    2006 DC TRD Off-Road 4x4
    billy 5100's @ 2.5 w/ 1/4 spacers, toytec aal, LR UCA's, revotec headlights,revotec taillights, lamin-x fogs, color matched grille and rear bumper, undercover, bed-extender, black nerf bars, scan gaugeII , afe drop in, 50 series flowmaster, 6000k bi-xenon hids, more to come.......
    rough ride..? you had the same ones in that kit..?

4. Oct 27, 2008 at 2:36 PM
    dabighi

dabighi Well-Known Member

Member:
    thin after looking at this kit im going to call pro-comp today and see whats up with it. they dont have any info about the kit on their main site. and i dont mind the ride of pro-comp shocks especially since my truck is a daily driver with the only off road time it see is baja surf trips. let you guys know what i find out.

5. Oct 27, 2008 at 3:22 PM
    dabighi

Member:
    ok so i called procomp and this is what i asked the tech guys. are the springs stiff enough to keep the front end of the double cabs level? and what about road wander? am i going to need to install aftermarket uca's to keep it aligned properly? the guy basically said ya the springs provided can and will keep the front end of the dbl cabs level, and that this kit is designed so that you do NOT have to use aftermarket uca's to keep the truck aligned. well i guess we'll see about that. i know..rephrase..have heard that once our trucks reach 3" of lift, they need aftermarket uca's to keep them going down the road straight. but based on what the guy told me and friends and family who have other procomp suspensions on their trucks, i think im gonna have to give this one a try. i really like that there are no spacers involved and that this is simply a straight bolt on kit. let me know what you guys think

6. Oct 27, 2008 at 5:51 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    Unless this lift is magic, your going to have about .6* of caster after it is aligned. Unless they kick your camber out of spec.

7. Oct 27, 2008 at 11:51 PM
    dabighi

Member:
    ya thats what im thinking..so thats why when i order the kit ill have to order to total chaos or camburg or some other uca's.ill keep posting as things happen.might be a few weeks for it all come together cause i work so dam much.just worked the last 48hrs and now after 1 day off i get to go back for another 72.although i love what i do and where its gonna get me, its hard when trying to keep up with my list of things to accomplish on my truck

8. Oct 28, 2008 at 6:41 AM
    Justin626

Justin626 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Palmer, Alaska
    Vehicle:
    2007 4x4 TRD Sport DC Super White
    Toytec 3" w/ AAL, N-Fab Nerf Bars, Lightforce 170mm Strikers, N-Fab Light Bar, Metra Ipod Adapter, Scosche Auto Start
    Personally, I would go with the 885 Toytec coil kit and OME shocks front and rear.

9. Oct 28, 2008 at 3:34 PM
    dabighi

Member:
    im under the impression that you have to use coil spacers with the ome kit to achieve the full 3" on a dbl cab. that true?

10. Nov 3, 2008 at 5:01 PM
    dabighi

Member:
    well im glad i made a comment on ordering the lift before i actually did. i talked to tech support guys from toytec and procomp. seems that with both kits you wont be able to achieve a full 3"s even with the springs and spacers. and thats something i dont want to do. i wanna have a spacer free suspension. ive seen too many pictures of bushings and joints after spacers have been installed that are just horrible. plus i ran into a buddy from high school who owns a suspension shop and is gonna give me a great deal on the icon coilovers. and i used to work at a shop where we built custom cars so my old boss said that i give him half a days work, i have the garage to myself after closing on a saturday afternoon. only problem is now i have to wait for all the replacement cards and money to come in from losing my wallet the other day. i hate waiting.

Products Discussed in

To Top