Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

HELP!!! COILOVER ISSUE (PHOTO INCLUDED)

Old 07-16-2011, 05:54 AM   #1
g35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud of

Name: Jason
g35man's Tacoma Gallery
HELP!!! COILOVER ISSUE (PHOTO INCLUDED)

Some fellow Tacomaworld help is needed! I had a offroad store in town put my toytec coil over's onto my 5100's yesterday and this was the end result. Why are my shocks not seated properly? Place does not open till 10am central time to show them whats wrong. I took them the the orginal shock and spring in hand to assemble the ciol over setup. This sucks for now so please help me understand whats my problem.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:09 AM   #2
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Max
theduck911's Tacoma Gallery
Looks like you're missing the top spacer, I just uploaded a shot of mine to the live thread for you to compare!
Old 07-16-2011, 06:27 AM   #3
With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: FlimFlubberJAM
chris4x4's Tacoma Gallery
they didnt install the lower washer, and it looks like the spring is upside down.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:32 AM   #4
g35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud ofg35man has much to be proud of

g35man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck911 View Post
Looks like you're missing the top spacer, I just uploaded a shot of mine to the live thread for you to compare!
Ok thanks. This blows my mind that they are supposed to be professionals!
Old 07-16-2011, 06:34 AM   #5

g35man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by chris4x4 View Post
they didnt install the lower washer, and it looks like the spring is upside down.
Spring is upright but im guessing its alignment is off. Will take it back to them as soon as they open. Thanks for the help!
Old 07-16-2011, 06:40 AM   #6
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Matt
PAlittlematty's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by g35man View Post
Spring is upright but im guessing its alignment is off. Will take it back to them as soon as they open. Thanks for the help!
the top of the spring really doesnt have an alignment like the bottom. the washer under the top plate is missing though. thats why the shock shaft is driven therough the bushing and out the top of the top plate. id make sure they put a new bushing under the top plate before they reassemble it. incompitent asses
Old 07-16-2011, 06:41 AM   #7
chris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shedchris4x4 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
There shouldnt be any spacer. Unless youre using a spacer for more lift. The shock shaft has a washer, then the top plate, then another bushing, and washer. Then the nut. The washers, and bushing hold the assembly to the top plate. In the OP's case, the lower washer was left off.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:42 AM   #8
"the soulless ginger"
PAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shedPAlittlematty is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Quote:
There shouldnt be any spacer. Unless youre using a spacer for more lift. The shock shaft has a washer, then the top plate, then another bushing, and washer. Then the nut. The washers, and bushing hold the assembly to the top plate. In the OP's case, the lower washer was left off.
+1 i just did an OME lift lastnight so the assembly process is still fresh in my mind
Old 07-16-2011, 06:43 AM   #9
"the soulless ginger"

and make sure you drive slow and avoid bumps cause essentially that shock could drive up through the fenderwell. correct chris?
Old 07-16-2011, 06:43 AM   #10

The lower diagram has an exploded view of the parts, and how they go together

http://ncttora.com/fsm/05+/data/ilea...a/03900510.pdf
Old 07-16-2011, 06:44 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlittlematty View Post
and make sure you drive slow and avoid bumps cause essentially that shock could drive up through the fenderwell. correct chris?
Depending on the size if the bump, maybe.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:46 AM   #12
Max's Canadian Twin
theduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shedtheduck911 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Chris,

I uploaded a photo of mine to the TW Live thread not to long ago, but there's a silver metal top plate that says toytec on mine, came assembled that way!

Old 07-16-2011, 06:51 AM   #13

g35man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by PAlittlematty View Post
The truck is not moving till I can get back to there shop! would have done it all myself if it weren't for me not having a spring compressor. I have installed struts and springs on my G35 but did not want too mess with this big ass truck spring.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:58 AM   #14

Quote:
Chris,

I uploaded a photo of mine to the TW Live thread not to long ago, but there's a silver metal top plate that says toytec on mine, came assembled that way!
The ones that come pre assembled are different.
Old 07-16-2011, 06:59 AM   #15
Max's Canadian Twin

Oh okay, didn't know that!
Old 07-16-2011, 07:01 AM   #16

g35man's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
The ones that come pre assembled are different.
Thats correct.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:01 AM   #17

Quote:
The truck is not moving till I can get back to there shop! would have done it all myself if it weren't for me not having a spring compressor. I have installed struts and springs on my G35 but did not want too mess with this big ass truck spring.
You can drive it like that, just take it easy. As long as the top nut is on there, it wont come off.
Old 07-16-2011, 07:04 AM   #18

g35man's Tacoma Gallery
Pisses me off! I should be at the beach right now with fellow Tacomaworld guys enjoying fishing, relaxing and drinking beer! No my ass is at home doing nothing!!!!!
Old 07-16-2011, 07:04 AM   #19

Quote:
Pisses me off! I should be at the beach right now with fellow Tacomaworld guys enjoying fishing, relaxing and drinking beer! No my ass is at home doing nothing!!!!!
I hear that man.
Old 07-16-2011, 10:27 AM   #20
"the soulless ginger"

Get it fixed?