Mike "Wuzzy121". Rest in peace, brother

Go Back   Tacoma World Forums > Tacoma Garage > Suspension

Notices

Post Alignment - Camber/Caster trade off?

Old 07-18-2011, 09:52 AM   #1
willimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to behold

Name: Will
willimatic's Tacoma Gallery
Post Alignment - Camber/Caster trade off?

Here are the numbers from a recent alignment after my lift. I went up about 2.5 inches. I have stock UCAs and after seeing the numbers I think I may need to purchase some, I knew this going in though.

I have read several threads and I think from my numbers they could increase the Caster by lowering my camber closer to 0. I don't expect them to get me to the perfect numbers but I think I could get closer to 1.8 caster, .2 camber and leave the toe where it is?

What do you guys think?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf scan0083.pdf (840.8 KB, 159 views)
Old 07-18-2011, 05:26 PM   #2
Fabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shedFabulous is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Fabian
Fabulous's Tacoma Gallery
I could only ever get the alignment "OK" after a couple alignments. Said screw it and got some UCAs and alignment is perfect now.
Old 07-18-2011, 07:44 PM   #3
Dirty Trucker
TacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shedTacoSupreem is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Hayden
TacoSupreem's Tacoma Gallery
you could go down to 0 on the camber and that should get your caster up closer to 2. Should drive ok like that, but the uca's will allow eve more caster wich will make it more stable on the highway.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:52 AM   #4
willimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to beholdwillimatic is a splendid one to behold

Yeah, I'm curious is they can get camber closer to 0. I went back to the shop and they want to recharge me and I said no, you didn't try to set the camber at 0, you just waited till the numbers were within spec and then stopped.

They told me that camber adjustment tab was maxed out. I have trouble believing that, especially since so many on here with similar lift can get closer to 0 camber and atleast 1.7ish caster.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:55 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabulous View Post
I could only ever get the alignment "OK" after a couple alignments. Said screw it and got some UCAs and alignment is perfect now.
Did you have any issues with rubbing after you got new UCAs. I've read several post where some have issues with rubbing after they install new UCAs.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
ds46000 is on a distinguished road
ds46000's Tacoma Gallery
my specs are very close to yours, and i questioned my techs too...and they said it was all they could squeeze out of it. my camber is about 1.0 on both sides, and my caster about 1.7 I guess some trucks are just easier (or able) to get better numbers than others...although, it seems like we should all be able to get the same numbers (or at least very close to it). oh well.
Old 07-19-2011, 10:59 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ds46000 View Post
my specs are very close to yours, and i questioned my techs too...and they said it was all they could squeeze out of it. my camber is about 1.0 on both sides, and my caster about 1.7 I guess some trucks are just easier (or able) to get better numbers than others...although, it seems like we should all be able to get the same numbers (or at least very close to it). oh well.
Exactly. I'd really like my camber to be closer to 0-0.2 Tires wear on the outside enough with daily driving/turning.

LR UCA group buy might be next step.
Old 07-20-2011, 05:18 PM   #8

I took it back in today and asked them to do it again. They got camber down to .1 from .9 and 1 which is good. But caster then dropped to .9 and .8.

But I'd rather have the camber there and lower caster for better tire wear. Guess LR UCAs are needed for proper caster.