Notices

5100/eibach...tsb and/or AAL?????

Old 07-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #1
thebaker will become famous soon enoughthebaker will become famous soon enough

Name: Byron
thebaker's Tacoma Gallery
5100/eibach...tsb and/or AAL?????

hi,

i've searched and thought i had it nailed down to what i needed but now after some more searching on here i'm more confused than ever.

I have 5100/eibachs waiting to install. I want to run them with the bilsteins set at .85 with the eibach coils.

I want my rtuck to be level or just a slight slight rake (definitly not nose high).

I'm going to get some 5100s for the rear.

here's my question.....

what do i need for the rear?

who the tsb alone level the truck or would it be nose high?

would a 1.5" or 2.0" aal make it level? If i use a aal should i get the tsb done or just us a aal?

If i get the tsb done and use a aal, would i have a big rake? (remember i looking for as close to level as possible).

*also, one last question a little off topic.....is it a big deal if i don't run a 1/4" taco lean spacer on the 5100/eibach set-up?

lastly, i'm trying to not buy new uca's right now, so would i be better off setting the bilsteins at 0 when using the eibachs?

sorry about all the questions but my head is spinning.....

thanks for any help!!!!
Old 07-18-2011, 11:48 AM   #2
sees what you did there.
KPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shedKPT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

KPT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaker View Post
hi,

i've searched and thought i had it nailed down to what i needed but now after some more searching on here i'm more confused than ever.

I have 5100/eibachs waiting to install. I want to run them with the bilsteins set at .85 with the eibach coils.

I want my rtuck to be level or just a slight slight rake (definitly not nose high).

here's my question.....

Nose high

would a 1.5" or 2.0" aal make it level? If i use a aal should i get the tsb done or just us a aal?

1.5" with no tsb would be almost perfectly level

If i get the tsb done and use a aal, would i have a big rake? (remember i looking for as close to level as possible).

Yes

*also, one last question a little off topic.....is it a big deal if i don't run a 1/4" taco lean spacer on the 5100/eibach set-up?

No big deal if you don't mind your truck leaning to the side a little bit

lastly, i'm trying to not buy new uca's right now, so would i be better off setting the bilsteins at 0 when using the eibachs?

It will be hit or miss at 2.45" (0.85" + 1.6") with the UCA's. Some need them, some don't at that height.

thanks for any help!!!!
See my comments in red.
Old 07-18-2011, 12:10 PM   #3
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Air Force: CSAR
Name: Zac
Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Im rocking 5100/eibach at .85 and 1.5 aal. W/out the spacers and no aal I was slightly nose high if not level. But as soon as u throw something in the back, I would be nose high. Yes, there is rake with my current setup. But, the truck still sits nice with a bed full of camp gear.
5100/eibach...tsb and/or AAL?????-uploadfromtaptalk1311016238755.jpg
Old 07-18-2011, 12:13 PM   #4
thebaker will become famous soon enoughthebaker will become famous soon enough

Name: Byron
thebaker's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zac808 View Post
Im rocking 5100/eibach at .85 and 1.5 aal. W/out the spacers and no aal I was slightly nose high if not level. But as soon as u throw something in the back, I would be nose high. Yes, there is rake with my current setup. But, the truck still sits nice with a bed full of camp gear.
Attachment 108624

is the rake close now less or more than the factory rake?

do you have the tsb done?

are you running uca's?
Old 07-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #5
Custom User Title
Zac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shedZac808 is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Close to factory rake. Yes,tsb. Yes, light racing uca's. The coil isolators that I am selling will be the happy medium between 0 and .85. Its pretty much like having 1/4" spacer on each side. Check my sig for link. It might be what u are looking for in order of being slightly raked with tsb and 5100@0 and eibach.
Old 07-18-2011, 01:31 PM   #6
Failure is the result of letting setbacks stop you
MedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shedMedlinAround is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Cody
MedlinAround's Tacoma Gallery
I am running Billies on all 4's .85 in the front on Eibach Coils and just the TSB in the rear (no AAL). With 275/70/17 tires i sit almost 1" higher in the rear than the front.. I believe its like 38 1/4" in the front and 39 1/4" in the rear. I love the ride..
Old 07-19-2011, 06:43 AM   #7
Wannabe crawler
NC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shedNC10TRDSPORT is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Name: Nick
NC10TRDSPORT's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebaker View Post
hi,

here's my question.....

thanks for any help!!!!
I'm going for the same lift can't wait!
Old 08-02-2011, 12:47 PM   #8
Relik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shedRelik is one of the sharper tools in the shed

Navy:
Name: Eddy
Relik's Tacoma Gallery
No shims needed for this kind of lift?

I'm about to get same setup of eibachs @ .85. i dont have any lean issue now, but I think its cause I have new stock springs, I'm thinkin 1/2" spacer on driver and 1/4" on passenger for the tank, battery and driver added weight.
Old 08-02-2011, 12:49 PM   #9
Is there a long john silvers on the island?
TurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shedTurfTaco is one of the sharper tools in the shed

TurfTaco's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relik View Post

I'm about to get same setup of eibachs @ .85. i dont have any lean issue now, but I think its cause I have new stock springs, I'm thinkin 1/2" spacer on driver and 1/4" on passenger for the tank, battery and driver added weight.
Old 08-03-2011, 06:40 AM   #10
Custom User Title

Zac808's Tacoma Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relik View Post

No shims and no problems for me.